• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 Chelsea: The Verdict.

it would depend how we drew. my biggest concern isn't that we're losing, it's *how* we've been losing. we're gonna lose sometimes, teams will outplay us which would be fair enough. losing to chelsea doesn't hurt. being played off the pitch in consecutive games by relegation fodder, hurts.

as mentioned though the drought didn't start 2 games ago.

What a fucking game.
Gibbs fucking White.
Diogo fucking Jota.
Ruben fucking Vinagre.
Nuno fucking Nuno.
Jon cunt Moss.
What a fucking game.

MAGNIFICENT

A brilliant performance and a totally deserved three points.

Morgan Gibbs-White is so much the real deal it is almost frightening. Hello again Diogo. Lovely to make your acquaintance again

Ryan Bennett - gutted about the OG. But THAT TACKLE ON WILLIAN!!!! Awesome

Jon Moss - you are a fucking disgrace to refereeing. Quite simply the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. Made Uriah Rennie look like Collina. We beat twelve tonight, no doubt about it.

Absolutely delighted.

MAGNIFICENT

A brilliant performance and a totally deserved three points.

Morgan Gibbs-White is so much the real deal it is almost frightening. Hello again Diogo. Lovely to make your acquaintance again

Ryan Bennett - gutted about the OG. But THAT TACKLE ON WILLIAN!!!! Awesome

Jon Moss - you are a fucking disgrace to refereeing. Quite simply the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. Made Uriah Rennie look like Collina. We beat twelve tonight, no doubt about it.

Absolutely delighted.

Paddy, I agree with you on Morgan Gibbs-White, he was the catalyst that turned things around and justifiably MOTM. Jota was also back to his best. I think Bennett's tackle on Willian was an amazing game-changer. Had Willian scored, it might have been game over. But I can't agree with your hyperbole about Jon Moss. True, his performance was beyond awful and he lost control of the game at many points and looked hapless. But no one can be as bad as Uriah Rennie. He was continually and consistently awful, whereas Moss is usually better than he was tonight.

Nope - Moss really REALLY was that bad. I know it is hard to believe...

Cracking game tonight... It's so Wolves to lose to Huddersfield and Cardiff and then beat Chelsea.

MGW was immense!

Not sure what BBC have been watching to give Loftus Cheek MOTM.. also on match of the day they spent more time focusing on the "foul" on Willian in the build up to the Jota goal and also mentioning Chelsea should have had a pen for the Boly on Morata... Disappointed with the show tonight as was looking forward to it! London bias, like ref showed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tonight was the night were you hug complete strangers and don't get eyeballed. Pablo you missed a hug big man [emoji20]

Cracking game tonight... It's so Wolves to lose to Huddersfield and Cardiff and then beat Chelsea.

MGW was immense!

Not sure what BBC have been watching to give Loftus Cheek MOTM.. also on match of the day they spent more time focusing on the "foul" on Willian in the build up to the Jota goal and also mentioning Chelsea should have had a pen for the Boly on Morata... Disappointed with the show tonight as was looking forward to it! London bias, like ref showed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ah well - the points are in the bag. And that is what matters.

There were great performances all over tonight but MGW was MotM, a worldie from RP like the sort we saw earlier in the system, Boly was stylish at the back, Bennett no nonsense and obviously been taking tips off Gunnarsson for his throw ins, great to see a much improved performance from Jota and a much needed goal, great finish from Jimenez too for the equaliser.

A fantastic night of football, feels good to get a win again especially against such esteemed opposition and a diabolical ref in Jon Moss. Molineux was understandably rocking and excellent fighting spirit from the boys to fight back like that. In the second half in particular, our attacking play was immense and looked more like what we were seeing earlier in the season.

We have to build on this now starting at Newcastle on Sunday. Tonight will be one of those great Molineux occasions we will remember for a long time.

I must just mention how LOUD it was in there tonight as well. All stands made a right racket, and it felt like the roof should be coming off.

Just got back to London. What a second half. Two really crucial moments either side of half time - Bennett's tackle on Willian and Boly's challenge on Morata (incidentally, I think he won the ball - disagree with Martin Keown on that). If either of those had been goals, it would've been game over.

Our first goal changed everything. A little bit of magic from a stand-out MGW set us on our way (dodgy keeping aside) and then suddenly our passes were faster and more accurate, our first touch was better and our confidence started to come back.

What was most pleasing was everyone played really well from then on. MGW as the false nine worked really effectively and I wonder if we'll keep that going now. Saiss had a good game I thought, winning and distributing really well once we had got back to 1-1. Makes you wonder who gives way for Neves. Maybe Moutinho given it'll be three games in just over a week on Sunday.

Final point from me: Chelsea played very well. At times, a different class. Yet we deserved that win from our second half performance. Great stuff. Now let's work out how to beat the teams around and below us!!

MGW what a player he is and a much needed win

What a fucking game.
Gibbs fucking White.
Diogo fucking Jota.
Ruben fucking Vinagre.
Nuno fucking Nuno.
Jon cunt Moss.
What a fucking game.
:icon_lol:

Bet you're glad you made the game now Booz.

Wolves were magnificent last night. Absolutely superb.

I thought the best thing about last night was how good Chelsea were. What a football team they are. We beat them. Deservedly.

MGW was absolutely awesome, so chuffed for him, he deserved that chance and took it with both hands. Thought Moutinho and Patrício we’re back to form tonight, classy but understated as always. And where on earth did Ryan Bennett’s long throws come from? They were awesome but I’ve not seen them before!

I wasn’t that wowed with Saiss, I didn’t think he contributed that much, but he’s not played that much recently.

Just to finish ion Morgs again - not only was he technically brilliant, but he never stops running! Fantastic!!

I think I will start a campaign for a November winter break :angel::icon_lol::whistle:

Seriously much improved from many players. Great save from Patricio in just about the same spot that Hoilets goal went in so that was an excellent touch and will boost confidence.
Doc, Boly , Bennett, Vinagre all had excellent games.
Coady was fine and unlucky for the goal.
Moutinho and Saiss lucky not to get more cards from idiot official but both weren't great. Saiss is a walking yellow card. Dendonker looked great when he can on.
Jota and Raul Excellent, Jota looked a threat andcRaul looked much stronger.
Costa,tried but is still lightweight. Got a couple of fouls though which helped
MGW just outstanding.

And Chelsea didn't play badly or look off form. We have beaten an excellent side there.

Good to get points and now let's build on it and get a few more this month.

Just a mention for Rui who has had a bit of stick recently. At 1-0 down pulling off an absolute worldie to keep us in it.

Really delighted with last night the balance just looked right, which has been missing in previous games. The combo of Vinny and Jota seemed to work brilliantly and with MGW pulling the strings we looked so much better.

Thought the Donk did well when he came on nice little burst of pace to win the free kick then a few times knocking some nice passes to keep possession, I really hope we get to see more of him.

Wanted to mention Docs ball for Jotas goal too - absolutely fantastic, all credit to him.

Back