• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

Looked like it was going in to me but I haven't seen it again.

Ref seemed crap to me, giving wrong decisions for both teams although felt like he was giving more to City (probably my Wolves bias) but the most annoying thing was him letting City players 'chat' to him all through the game, plainly City players were trying to ref the game.

Ref seemed crap to me, giving wrong decisions for both teams although felt like he was giving more to City (probably my Wolves bias) but the most annoying thing was him letting City players 'chat' to him all through the game, plainly City players were trying to ref the game.
Thought he was ok for first 25 minutes or so but then turned to utter shite

Absolutely everyone was predicting a cricket score and had written us off, but football throws these results up and today we benefited from Man City being largely inept in front of goal and us playing exactly the type of game that restricted service to Haaland

I understand Haaland when immediately to New Cross after the game to get Dawson surgically removed from up his Arse

Let’s be honest our confidence has been shot so far this season and especially after Ipswich you could see the nerves from many of our players, and so sometimes when your up against it you just have to have a fuckin goo…

Today, irrespective of some individual errors, I thought Semedo shackled Doku pretty well and comes out with a lot of credit.

Dawson, RAN, Lemena Hwang and Gomez were excellent but Neto is some skin, he looks back to his best and we’ll be lucky to hold on to him in January or next summer.

Thanks to the ref again who basically gave them everything,we could have easily have capitulated after their equaliser, it actually seemed to galvanise us

Anyway huge huge win and hopefully restores a bit of pride ahead of Villa.

Todays been a good day 👍

Absolutely everyone was predicting a cricket score and had written us off, but football throws these results up and today we benefited from Man City being largely inept in front of goal and us playing exactly the type of game that restricted service to Haaland

I understand Haaland when immediately to New Cross after the game to get Dawson surgically removed from up his Arse

Let’s be honest our confidence has been shot so far this season and especially after Ipswich you could see the nerves from many of our players, and so sometimes when your up against it you just have to have a fuckin goo…

Today, irrespective of some individual errors, I thought Semedo shackled Doku pretty well and comes out with a lot of credit.

Dawson, RAN, Lemena Hwang and Gomez were excellent but Neto is some skin, he looks back to his best and we’ll be lucky to hold on to him in January or next summer.

Thanks to the ref again who basically gave them everything,we could have easily have capitulated after their equaliser, it actually seemed to galvanise us

Anyway huge huge win and hopefully restores a bit of pride ahead of Villa.

Todays been a good day 👍
Haaland was all over Dawson like a rash the whole game both on the ball and off it. Dawson did well to keep his composure, he also did well to retaliate by giving him loads of verbal.

Apart from Lop, I don’t think any Prem manager has got the best out of him so far - or even knows where his best position is.
Late on this, but it kind of goes back to something I see a lot in European football (and really soccer in general): feels like fans and managers are equally quick to pigeon-hole players into this position or that position; sure, Nunes made his move to England off the back of playing CM (in a league with few truly high quality CMs, it has to be said), but he's always played best in England at RW.

Just play him there! It's not rocket science; I think we get caught up a lot in declaring players are this shape or that shape of peg, when that sort of thing can be molded to an extent (obviously this goes to how coachable a player is long-term, and I don't have a lot of faith that Nunes' is that just now).

You don't even need to be that quick to play as a winger in the CFG/Pep system. Grealish ain't a flash, nor Bernardo Silva, nor KdB... But they were all very coachable.

Just scanned a City forum accusing Pawson of being corrupt and costing them the game. Apparently a second yellow for Hwang that he bottled before the second goal. Can't even remember it

Just scanned a City forum accusing Pawson of being corrupt and costing them the game. Apparently a second yellow for Hwang that he bottled before the second goal. Can't even remember it

Wasn't right before the goal. Was right at the end of the first half and he could easily have gone. Didn't mean to catch Walker (?) but he did and he was well late.

Right on HT? Hwang shot blocked and he fouled Walker trying to get the ball back.
City really wanted a 2nd yellow shown for it

Great atmosphere today, always interesting to see away fans views....taken from Blue Moon.................

EastMidlandsBlue

Joined28 Aug 2021Messages477LocationLeicesterTeam supportedManchester City

"Like the performance on the field, it was pretty poor from the fans today, doesn't help that wolves have one of the worst away ends in the country. Best home support I've seen for some time, fair play to them.

[B]Psychedelic Casual[/B]

Joined1 Sep 2016Messages41,516LocationGreat Britain, Greater Manchester
Wolves fans were brilliant today. We always struggle in heated and intense atmospheres, even when we have our best team out.

Wasn't right before the goal. Was right at the end of the first half and he could easily have gone. Didn't mean to catch Walker (?) but he did and he was well late.
One those that both would have been harsh and tough to complain about.

Right on HT? Hwang shot blocked and he fouled Walker trying to get the ball back.
City really wanted a 2nd yellow shown for it
Ah OK thanks, I went downstairs when the board went up

Yeah we were all holding our breath, Hwang himself had his head in his hands waiting for the decision. All the City players in the refs face at the time should have had yellows I think.
Walker should have had a second yellow in the fracas when they tried to drag RAN off the pitch.

Back