• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

City could have had 2 sent off today. Hwang could have gone as well

Excellent, dogged, determined performance from the whole team.
Doesn`t look like he`s lost the dressing room on that showing.
Neto MOTM for me.
Just the one disappointment. The silly yellow card for Lemina.

Excellent, dogged, determined performance from the whole team.
Doesn`t look like he`s lost the dressing room on that showing.
Neto MOTM for me.
Just the one disappointment. The silly yellow card for Lemina.
We seemed to get a lot of yellow cards today, some deserved some less so.

Just scanned a City forum accusing Pawson of being corrupt and costing them the game. Apparently a second yellow for Hwang that he bottled before the second goal. Can't even remember it
Yep... just read all 54 pages on "Blue Moon" and the majority thought Hwang should have got a second yellow and shouldn't have been on the field to score the second. When you look at Jota getting sent off, they may have a point.

However, where they don't have a point is in regard to Pawson. He literally gave them their goal with that free kick decision. He gave them a lot of the niggly stuff as well but overall, he didn't determine who won the game.

A few give us credit for outfighting them and defending well and one or two actually say we deserved to win. The majority though now have some sort of entitlement mentality that they should be walking all over "teams like Wolves."

City fans never used to be like that. I guess moneyed success changes you.

Yep... just read all 54 pages on "Blue Moon" and the majority thought Hwang should have got a second yellow and shouldn't have been on the field to score the second. When you look at Jota getting sent off, they may have a point.

However, where they don't have a point is in regard to Pawson. He literally gave them their goal with that free kick decision. He gave them a lot of the niggly stuff as well but overall, he didn't determine who won the game.

A few give us credit for outfighting them and defending well and one or two actually say we deserved to win. The majority though now have some sort of entitlement mentality that they should be walking all over "teams like Wolves."

City fans never used to be like that. I guess moneyed success changes you.
It will be regarding the hwang slide tackle. Which Tbf I felt was a 2nd yellow. However, someone mentioned on match day thread a city player did a similar tackle and didn’t get booked.

It’s one of those. You can sit there and look at all these sort of decisions. Lots will think cunha was fouled before the city free kick etc.

City lost the game because they failed to break us down, created very little clear cut chances really, not because hwang was on the pitch.

It’s a simple clutch at straws and a victim complex.

To be fair to City fans we’d be saying similar if one of their players evaded a certain yellow (by today’s standards) and then scored the winner.

We did benefit today from them being hugely off the boil (I’m sure we caused some of that) and Rodri being suspended.

Losing fans in blaming the ref shocker.

Total non-story. Fuck what they think, we got the points. Hope they get an apology from Webb just to rub it in.

Well yes. We should have four more points from a United draw and a Luton win. Instead we have PGMOL apologies.

To be fair to City fans we’d be saying similar if one of their players evaded a certain yellow (by today’s standards) and then scored the winner.

We did benefit today from them being hugely off the boil (I’m sure we caused some of that) and Rodri being suspended.
Ake and Doku could and Doku should have gone just 2 mins after trying to drag RAN of the pitch he clattered Silva

Well yes. We should have four more points from a United draw and a Luton win. Instead we have PGMOL apologies.
Yeah sorry, didn't mean that to seem pointed at you. I just take too much schadenfreude from watching other fans clutch at excuses.

Yeah sorry, didn't mean that to seem pointed at you. I just take too much schadenfreude from watching other fans clutch at excuses.

Oh no, I didn’t take it that way! Just we’d be saying the same if Hwang was on the opposition, but it all levels out 😉

We would to an extent, but it’s a minor point. Bookings/fouls not being given unless they’re penalties etc hardly get mentioned.

To be pedantic, we could say city player should’ve been booked for kicking ball away then he may not have got away with x fouls he may/may not commited.

If they’d not been given a clear penalty or something, fair enough.

Now, if City fans want to be upset that Cunha never gets a yellow for his play-acting…

Bloke’s hilarious but if he was playing for the opposition I’d despise him. He’s like a fun version of Pod.

Oh come on. You can't have schadenfreude and begets in the same evening.

Back