• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Brighton: Verdict Thread.

Speaking of which Lopetegui was Jonny's U19 manager for Spain. I think he'll set us up 433 and the full backs will stay at home. That'll be the test of whether he's gone or not, be that mentally or physically. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays on the left and Semedo the right without reinforcements

I honestly think JL will make a massive difference to the performance of the players.

Semedo and Jonny are bang out of form with attitudes to match…….but they are not shit players.

The Manager is key. You only need to look at Lage to realise what a shit manager can do to players and clubs.

Newcastle were absolutely certs for relegation this time last year. Nailed on. They got a decent manager, spent wisely on a few players and finished 10th.

Player for player, their squad is better than ours granted - but, with a couple more additions, we won’t be miles away.

Unless they strengthen too, obviously 🤣

Speaking of which Lopetegui was Jonny's U19 manager for Spain. I think he'll set us up 433 and the full backs will stay at home. That'll be the test of whether he's gone or not, be that mentally or physically. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays on the left and Semedo the right without reinforcements
From his Sevilla and Spain days his full backs were the width. Centre backs split and midfielder drops in if a CB goes out to cover.

His full backs crossed the ball a lot.

Had to judge on the clips watching back, but as poor as Semedo is at challenging for the ball in the air, both Kilman and Collins look to have over pursued the play, which isn't the first time that has happened.

From his Sevilla and Spain days his full backs were the width. Centre backs split and midfielder drops in if a CB goes out to cover.

His full backs crossed the ball a lot.

From that you'd say only Bueno fits that naturally. None of our other 3 options are even passable with their crossing.

From that you'd say only Bueno fits that naturally. None of our other 3 options are even passable with their crossing.
I think RAN is a good crosser too.

Semedo and Jonny I agree with. I think we may be after a RB on loan in the window. I really like Lembikissa but it's too early for him.

Semedo and Jonny I agree with. I think we may be after a RB on loan in the window. I really like Lembikissa but it's too early for him.
How old is he, now? On the one hand I agree caution is necessary but on the other, it can't be too early forever.

How old is he, now? On the one hand I agree caution is necessary but on the other, it can't be too early forever.
He's only just turned 19 (last week). Not played any senior football and currently parked at LB in the 21's.

He looked really good last season in the U23's. Has pace and can cross on the run. Needs a bit more physicality but very similar in style to Walker.

Cheers, thought he was older than that. Feels like his name has been getting thrown around for ages.

It's weird with RAN. His delivery seemed to be one of his strengths at Angers. I find him incredibly frustrating, either delays too long or rushes it and the quality is massively inconsistent.

RAN's corners are usually good. His crossing is hit and miss.

RAN was one of those that Bruno destroyed. Hopefully he’s young enough to come back strong under JL - he’s a very talented young player, just been Bruno’d

Last edited:
Back