• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Brighton: Verdict Thread.

Yes, but it's the strength of the goal scoring opportunity part which is vague, hence it being a red. He probably has a 1 on 1 on an angle 6 yards or so out with Sa presumably coming to narrow it. My money would be on the keeper, but the goalscoring opportunity still exists so that's irrelevant. That final touch deflecting it towards goal is the killer and that bit which wasn't obvious to me at the ground
There isn't a 'strength' criteria is there. There doesn't have to be. It's an 'opportunity' irrespective of the potential outcome.

Yes, but it's the strength of the goal scoring opportunity part which is vague, hence it being a red. He probably has a 1 on 1 on an angle 6 yards or so out with Sa presumably coming to narrow it. My money would be on the keeper, but the goalscoring opportunity still exists so that's irrelevant. That final touch deflecting it towards goal is the killer and that bit which wasn't obvious to me at the ground
Same. I thought he was off away from goal from my angle, incorrectly.

That touch is the sort of minor detail that is so often missing from Wolves play, taking it across the defender and giving them a problem. We saw the same from Guedes on his goal, got across the defender and then they can't really make a challenge without conceding a foul, he tried similar I think the Chelsea game but was weak and ended up on his arse to no avail from memory. Too often though it seems Wolves player don't have that little bit of purpose with their first touch, they'll take it away from the challenge/defender/goal to protect possession rather than force an awkward situation. It happens all over the pitch too with people taking a touch and turning to protect the ball rather than opening themselves up and getting it out of their feet with a positive first touch.

It's a good tackle, poor pass from Sa puts Max in trouble.

As for Semedo's red, you're the only person who thinks it's a yellow.
Good tackle? both feet off the floor, 1 foot studs showing straight leg terrible, got away with it

In 7 days Brighton have scored 7 goals and Leeds 6 .We have scored 8 in 14 games with only 4 goalscorers .Bloody woeful !!!!!!!

I'm not sure any manager could get a tune out of our forward players.

My God, never realised our goalscoring was a major issue, I wonder why nobody has ever mentioned this before 🕵️‍♂️
If you say so. We had a wonderful attacking /counter attacking team with a vibrant Manager that finished 7th twice and did well in Europe has turned into this shambles .
An enormous amount of money spent on gutless players allied to a clueless Manager has landed us in this mess .
Only at Wolves

You'd think JL will be allowed to do a bit of shopping in January. Every transfer we make in January and next summer (if we survive) has to be right. There's going to be a lot of pressure and expectation on him.

Everyone on here (except possibly Glagso) knows this team will probably go down without strengthening, so you have to make 3 assumptions, firstly that JL knows that, secondly he wouldn't have taken the job without the promise of investment and thirdly he won't let them dick around until the end of the window.

That's why I have hope if not confidence

My God, never realised our goalscoring was a major issue, I wonder why nobody has ever mentioned this before 🕵️‍♂️
He was putting it in perspective. Is there really any need for such sarcasm?

Everyone on here (except possibly Glagso) knows this team will probably go down without strengthening, so you have to make 3 assumptions, firstly that JL knows that, secondly he wouldn't have taken the job without the promise of investment and thirdly he won't let them dick around until the end of the window.

That's why I have hope if not confidence
Spot on

Oh, it's a completely ridiculous foul, no question and he deserved to go just for the insanity of it.

Is it a clear goalscoring opportunity? That's the bit I'm really not convinced by. He's outside the box, about 13 yards from the goal line and running at full speed when he goes down. The ball is not under control.

So, let's say Semedo doesn't exist here. When would the ball come under control? Probably not for another 5 yards or so, putting him about 8 yards from the goal line and still outside the area. He'd then have to turn inside and try to lift the ball over Sa from a ridiculously tight angle before the covering defenders get there.

Is it a "goalscoring opportunity"? Probably in theory, yes. Is it "clear"? No, not really at all - the xG from that position must be tiny - scoring from that position is very unlikely.
Pretty much how I saw it, I don't think it's a clear goal scoring opportunity, he was not in control of the ball, and probably was not gaining control before Sa got there

T
I can forgive these type of comments on a matchday thread, everyone's pumped up and emotions running high, but a day later when we've all had chance to reflect its fucking ridiculous, childish, as entitled as you can get.
Defensively we're all over the place atm, but people seem to be forgetting that for the first 6-8 games of the season we had one of the best defences in the league. Don't get me wrong, JL has a lot of work to do, both on the training ground and from a confidence point of view but fuck me some people need to take a chill pill.
Neither of our 2 right backs give a shit about the club or the team.

I can forgive poor performances, if the effort is there I am sick of watching them half arsed jogging back.

Neither of them put any effort in what so ever.

I would love to see their running stats both distance and Sprints per 90 minutes. We watched Doherty who has not 1/10 of eithers talent, yet he worked 100% more.

He ran and ran, sprinted to get back into position, neither of these 2 can be bothered to sprint.

Put DW there at least he would give 100% effort, those 2 pricks are not even giving %50

T
Neither of our 2 right backs give a shit about the club or the team.

I can forgive poor performances, if the effort is there I am sick of watching them half arsed jogging back.

Neither of them put any effort in what so ever.

I would love to see their running stats both distance and Sprints per 90 minutes. We watched Doherty who has not 1/10 of eithers talent, yet he worked 100% more.

He ran and ran, sprinted to get back into position, neither of these 2 can be bothered to sprint.

Put DW there at least he would give 100% effort, those 2 pricks are not even giving %50
Doherty sprinted back ??? Are you fucking pissed???

I'm not a Doherty basher particularly, but this is utter rubbish. He jogged back, just as Semedo and Jonny have done the difference was he was playing wing back with cover - notably Neves or Bennett dependant on how high up the field the ball was.

I'm not defending either of them they've been really poor this year, but let's not use false memories to beat them with

Edit: can't attach the Doherty clip off my phone.

He did not sprint back, ever.

Back