• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Leeds: Verdict Thread

There were 10 minutes between their first goal and the sending off, for that entire time they camped in our half with us belting the ball away and it coming straight back again and he did nothing, then another 3 between that and the second...Still nothing. Atrocious management. Blame Raul, blame Friend, but Bruno did fuck all to mitigate either.
Spot on TT. Bruno has to be made accountable for the second half.

The keeper was the one who went in hard, reckless and out of control, Raul didn't so much as extend a leg, arm, head or anything, it was Raul that was clattered by Meslier after he'd played the ball, not the other way around.
They're both sprinting in there at full chat, whoever gets to the ball first is getting fouled by the other. Jimenez does extend his leg attempting to knick the ball away but doesn't get there in time.

That situation is a gamble from both parties, it's an all or nothing challenge from either side. If Meisler had lost out he's either getting a red card or Jimenez is running clean through on an empty net. Jimenez doesn't get there he just runs into a keeper who isn't going to do anything other than lump it anyway.

Equally a foul in such circumstances - I think you could argue excessive force so not clear cut which way the foul should go - doesn't have to be a yellow.
I've said the yellow could be seen as harsh.

If an outfield player goes in like that he gets done for being reckless. Yet somehow the foul goes against Raul?

Also i'm sure that commentary said the linesman gave Wolves the free kick at the time?

Can anyone who was there confirm that either way?

Of course Marsch says it was a clear yellow card, oh do fuck off.
It was the linesman who gave it and it was a second yellow the second he did (rightly or wrongly)

Was it Man City away where Boly won the ball but still got sent off because his challenge was deemed excessive force?

Batth away at Bristol City too, won the ball but still sent off.

You've totally ignored my points Mark, and you are rooted in an argument with Wolves fans that you truly can't believe, surely?

I'm out.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:FFS how much you paid for you're heroin tonight ?
He set up a good chance for Trincao in the few minutes he was on. If you look at the other posts several suggest that Silva should have played a bigger part. What did Raul do tonight? Californian Chardonnay & San Miguel actually.

This just sums it up for me. He pulls out of making a challenge. Absolutely fuming with that bullshit and then the defending and lack of change from Bruno but the red is without doubt the start to it all.
Great summary. Lots culpable but the starter is Kevin look at me Mike Dean friend being a show pony knob . Also VAR would have helped him if they were allowed. Gillett is decent but his hands were tied

Great summary. Lots culpable but the starter is Kevin look at me Mike Dean friend being a show pony knob . Also VAR would have helped him if they were allowed. Gillett is decent but his hands were tied
Bruno said that Friend was able to look at the video, and didn't change his mind.

He set up a good chance for Trincao in the few minutes he was on. If you look at the other posts several suggest that Silva should have played a bigger part. What did Raul do tonight? Californian Chardonnay & San Miguel actually.
Your logic gets to be played out in real life in the next two games. So lets see how it goes. I hope you're correct of course and he scores a couple as I really like Silva.

Back