• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Leeds: Verdict Thread

I literally haven’t got the time or the inclination. But your assessment that these things only happen to teams like Wolves is massive small-time thinking. You either have a resilient team or you don’t. Today was a massive indication that our resilience is nowhere near what is required to compete for the top 6.
‘small-time thinker’! I bow to your superiority.

Of course they did. We were 2-0 and cruising until that cheating cunt came up with the worst decision in the history of football. We have been utterly robbed by a fuckwit and we should be immediately writing to the FA, Premier League and PGMOL saying we will never accept Friend refereeing a game of ours again.

49 years and 10 months on this dustbowl. And I have watched a lot of Wolves matches in the last 32 of them. That is without an iota of doubt the worst refereeing display I have ever seen.

So angry I am still shaking. Hopefully I will calm down in a couple of days but for now fuck football, fuck the PGMOL, they are fucking corrupt.
Thank you for putting into words succinctly what I have been feeling . Corrupt is correct.

I said as soon as Jiminez got booked, he should be subbed off. Any dumb fucker knows he would not last the match. Of course, that bent cunt of a ref made sure of that anyway. It was a 50 50 and no way if that was a Sky 6 player in the same scenario would that have been a second yellow. So there you have it, apart from pathetic defending, shown up for what it is tonight, I'm afraid. Pity cos Trincao deserved better than that on a night he finally came good. Fucking dirty Leeds can fuck off!
I was shouting for Silva to come on throughout the game. But I know nothing apparently!

Why! What are you saying - that a referee’s decisions do not influence the game? Bruno’s interview made it clear that he believes the referee’s decisions changed the game & the outcome.
I haven't said that. The ref fucked up, we can't do anything about that. It was totally in our gift to not bottle a 2-0 lead though

Can we stop the narrative that some seem to have that in criticising Friend for his performance that means that the person criticising Friend doesn't also think we shouldn't have bloody thrown the game away.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Friend was the catalyst for our collapse with an unbelievable decision, we were also shit from that moment.

So deflated by that. Too depressed to drive, had to persuade my wife to do the work. Game was in the bag. Agree with the point made - Friend was standing there with the yellow out right in front of us for ages and we seemed to do nothing to prepare for the restart. It’s a shit decision but it’s no excuse for the shambles that followed. Such a great positive from that Trincao performance too. Should have been 3 up at half time of course.

The Leeds bench seem like a lovely bunch of guys too, Philips lead bellend down there. What happened in the BW lower 7 or 8? More opposition fans in a bid or something?

Wolves captain Connor Coady: "It's a game we should win. We should still stay in the game but it is not a red card. I could go mad and kick off but for me it's not red. It's a fair challenge there was nowhere else it could go. These decisions are killing teams.

"I thought from the first minute he threw out yellows early on and I thought he lost the game. We don't feel like we were fairly treated.

"We look at ourselves first and foremost because we can defend better. But other people have to look at themselves as well.

"It's a massive factor in what has happened."
Connor needs to read the forum & agree with Alan & his sycophantic friends.

Just seen elsewhere that Mikey Burrows has said Neves is on crutches. Hope to god that's precautionary and not ligaments gone.
Bruno made it worse - physio told him straight away to take him off but he sent him back on.

There are many things in life that have us puzzled like the Pyramids, how the fuck Stonehenge was built but by far the most puzzling to date is how the fuck did we conscribe to lose tonight. Leeds were truly dreadful and it should have been 5-0 at half time. However The Kevin Friend show helped the narrative, lets numerous bad tackles go against us and gives Leeds near everything. The Raul second yellow was 50/50 at worst but our Friend Friend though otherwise.....

However the biggest failing for me was seasoned defenders getting all jittery when balls come into the box and go all AWOL. Secondly Bruno has had an absolute nightmare tonight tactically, how in his infinite wisdom does he keep Pod and Trincao on for that long after the sending off and not put Fabio on was a joke. The goals were coming as the ball kept coming back and it was only a matter of time. Tonight was the night for me that I think we can forget about any European football..... Even at ten v eleven we should never lose thaat game if a bit of thought was put into substitutions..

Can we stop the narrative that some seem to have that in criticising Friend for his performance that means that the person criticising Friend doesn't also think we shouldn't have bloody thrown the game away.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Friend was the catalyst for our collapse with an unbelievable decision, we were also shit from that moment.
100% correct. I don’t excuse the meltdown but it happened because of the hapless decisions by the referee. & they do not happen to the very top teams do they? Give me those glaring examples.

A red was always likely the way Friend was handling the game. My lad put a tenner on it at halftime so it was not a case of being wise after the event either. Friend booked Boly early then let three equally clumsy challengers by Leeds players go. Generally even when a ref is poor you get a few decisions going for you but not tonight. His atrocious performance was summed up when he booked one of the Leeds subs for running onto the pitch. Surely it is all four of them, I suspect he won't have a clue which of the four he booked and he should be made to explain why only one. The decision not to give a foul on Chiquinho in the dying seconds was so bad it was comical, nearly up there with Saiss's second half performance.

Bruno made it worse - physio told him straight away to take him off but he sent him back on.
Neves seemed insistent that he was going back on, as you say the doc/physio was calling for the sub.

Just hope the fact he didn't make a challenge during that moment has saved him.

More from a very unhappy Conor Coady to Sky Sports on Raul Jimenez's red card:

“I don’t know where he’s meant to go – he’s not invisible, he can’t go through the keeper. I don’t know where he’s meant to go or what he’s meant to do.

“For me this is happening every single game for one team or another – it’s happening to different teams – where these sort of decisions are happening and killing teams, and that’s what it has done for us.

“We still created the odd chance on the counter-attack but the red card plays a massive part in it [the result] – if somebody tells me it doesn’t, they are lying.

“It was a fantastic game of football and, again we are talking about referees and it should never be the case in this league."

A red was always likely the way Friend was handling the game. My lad put a tenner on it at halftime so it was not a case of being wise after the event either. Friend booked Boly early then let three equally clumsy challengers by Leeds players go. Generally even when a ref is poor you get a few decisions going for you but not tonight. His atrocious performance was summed up when he booked one of the Leeds subs for running onto the pitch. Surely it is all four of them, I suspect he won't have a clue which of the four he booked and he should be made to explain why only one. The decision not to give a foul on Chiquinho in the dying seconds was so bad it was comical, nearly up there with Saiss's second half performance.
We'll likely never see it again, because no one cares outside of Wolves, but the elbow from Greenwood on Saiss was extremely dangerous. VAR should have had him off for that, god only knows why it brushed over by the comms too.

Oh and that Chiquinho challenge, you're absolutely right. There are no words. Then of course seconds later he gives them a free kick.

I haven't said that. The ref fucked up, we can't do anything about that. It was totally in our gift to not bottle a 2-0 lead though
Maybe - one day - you will agree with something I post. It is not that difficult.

Back