• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Leeds: Verdict Thread

Both the team and the ref are to blame for that loss. Ref was shocking from the start. Booked Boly after 5 minutes for a nothing challenge, then dished out no cards for Leeds for multiple similar tackles.

The Raul second yellow was a complete joke in so many ways. Was never a yellow as both players were going in with equal force (50/50). Was a joke that VAR don't check second yellows. Is a joke that you cannot appeal second yellows post-match.

Then we capitulated. Leeds scored 2 in quick succession, and we defended terrible. We left subs way too late (Bruno has form for this) and our forward players got unnecessarily tired meaning we were ineffective on the break. Fabio and Chiq looked great when they came on, should have come on way earlier.

The defending for the goals was shocking and we only have ourselves to blame.

I hope Wolves make a formal complaint to the PL about Friend's performance. He is not fit to be a referee with a performance like that. Just embarrassing.
100% correct Leigh. Well said. Leeds manager has just said Raul was reckless. Unbelievable view of an unfortunate collision.

I agree -what is the point. This would never happen to the Manchester clubs, Liverpool or Chelsea.
If it was in isolation fine, it's still far from acceptable but you can put it down to a one off. It's every fucking week, it's disgraceful and I've had enough.

Wolves captain Connor Coady: "It's a game we should win. We should still stay in the game but it is not a red card. I could go mad and kick off but for me it's not red. It's a fair challenge there was nowhere else it could go. These decisions are killing teams.

"I thought from the first minute he threw out yellows early on and I thought he lost the game. We don't feel like we were fairly treated.

"We look at ourselves first and foremost because we can defend better. But other people have to look at themselves as well.

"It's a massive factor in what has happened."

Raul’s first yellow is a booking. The second, both players are going for the ball and their momentum takes them in to each other. Not every coming together on the pitch is a yellow. Friend had ages to think it through, or get a word in his ear. It’s an appalling decision. Obviously nothing happens now, but I really want Lage to go in hard on him. Take the fine, but bring it to light. Call him out.

Regardless of the referees ‘performance’, our handling of the game after going down to 10 was appalling. Bruno just has to get Silva on because the ball kept coming back over & over again, and Trincao/Podence were miles away from each other.

The Leeds manager is thoroughly unlikable.

The players let Lage down after Raul gets sent off, but Lage let himself down by not making a change quicker. Shit all around. Shame because the first half was great.

Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise having Raul out of the starting 11, who knows?

49 years and 10 months on this dustbowl. And I have watched a lot of Wolves matches in the last 32 of them. That is without an iota of doubt the worst refereeing display I have ever seen.

So angry I am still shaking. Hopefully I will calm down in a couple of days but for now fuck football, fuck the PGMOL, they are fucking corrupt.

Name a similar situation involving the big 4.
I literally haven’t got the time or the inclination. But your assessment that these things only happen to teams like Wolves is massive small-time thinking. You either have a resilient team or you don’t. Today was a massive indication that our resilience is nowhere near what is required to compete for the top 6.

I literally haven’t got the time or the inclination. But your assessment that these things only happen to teams like Wolves is massive small-time thinking. You either have a resilient team or you don’t. Today was a massive indication that our resilience is nowhere near what is required to compete for the top 6.
Because you cannot name a similar occurrence. Friend has been anti-Wolves since he first refereed our games in the Championship many years ago. Your superior attitude does you no credit.

49 years and 10 months on this dustbowl. And I have watched a lot of Wolves matches in the last 32 of them. That is without an iota of doubt the worst refereeing display I have ever seen.

So angry I am still shaking. Hopefully I will calm down in a couple of days but for now fuck football, fuck the PGMOL, they are fucking corrupt.
100% agree.

I said as soon as Jiminez got booked, he should be subbed off. Any dumb fucker knows he would not last the match. Of course, that bent cunt of a ref made sure of that anyway. It was a 50 50 and no way if that was a Sky 6 player in the same scenario would that have been a second yellow. So there you have it, apart from pathetic defending, shown up for what it is tonight, I'm afraid. Pity cos Trincao deserved better than that on a night he finally came good. Fucking dirty Leeds can fuck off!

Players can get sent off, it happens. We need to respond better when that situation occurs. Take the refs incompetence out of the equation..
Why! What are you saying - that a referee’s decisions do not influence the game? Bruno’s interview made it clear that he believes the referee’s decisions changed the game & the outcome.

Back