• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Leeds: Verdict Thread

"Because Raul actually tried to stop and Meslier just followed through on him as he was completely out of control." Meslier connected with the ball and made a perfect tackle. Same question, why do you think Meslier made a foul? I am more annoyed that Raul, on a yellow, 2-0 up, got himself sent off.
There's a quote function.

"Because Raul actually tried to stop and Meslier just followed through on him as he was completely out of control." Meslier connected with the ball and made a perfect tackle. Same question, why do you think Meslier made a foul? I am more annoyed that Raul, on a yellow, 2-0 up, got himself sent off.
Carry on believing that, Leeds fan...

Raul as a pro footballer has to be going for that ball, more concerning was how is a goalkeeper getting there before him, even allowing for the ball travelling towards the keeper.

"Because Raul actually tried to stop and Meslier just followed through on him as he was completely out of control." Meslier connected with the ball and made a perfect tackle. Same question, why do you think Meslier made a foul?

One is still short of coherent answers. Is it possible that Raul, on a yellow, needlessly got himself sent off?

Stick him on ignore, absolutely no point engaging with that.

Raul as a pro footballer has to be going for that ball, more concerning was how is a goalkeeper getting there before him, even allowing for the ball travelling towards the keeper.
I do think it's time for the Raul conversation. As horrific as his injury was, he's not close to being the player he was beforehand. There are glimpses, but they are too infrequent. Parking budgets for a moment he shouldn't be inked in as first choice for next season. Bringing budgets back in, he will be because centre forwards are bloody expensive and I can't see us signing one nor Fabio making the step up

I do think it's time for the Raul conversation. As horrific as his injury was, he's not close to being the player he was beforehand. There are glimpses, but they are too infrequent. Parking budgets for a moment he shouldn't be inked in as first choice for next season. Bringing budgets back in, he will be because centre forwards are bloody expensive and I can't see us signing one nor Fabio making the step up
I'm still not convinced it's to do with last year's injury, I think a lot of his lack of goals is down to our style, more often than not he's isolated and has to produce some kind of worldie solo effort.
In the past he's had Jota, Traore and Neto to help him out, none of the current crop of other forward players have that ability.
Tbf he was struggling with form before his injury.
All that said we need an alternative. Bruno just doesn't rate/trust Silva and while he hasn't set the world alight, we have to give him a go....or write off 35m

Raúl is far from the biggest problem this season. Sort out what's behind him and he'll come good, starting with the back 3 which needs to be upgraded urgently.
Agreed, back three that won the Championship five seasons ago.

On the red card incident

“We’ll look at ourselves after it because we should still stay in the game. I felt we were creating chances on the counter attack, but it’s not a red card. I can go mad and kick off, but for me it’s a red card, it’s a fair challenge, he’s gone where he’s supposed to go, he’s not invisible.

“I don’t know where he’s meant to go and what he’s meant to do, it’s happened for different teams where these sorts of decisions are happening and killing teams, and that’s what it’s done for us. We look at ourselves, we can defend better, create the odd chance on the counter, but the red card plays a massive part.

“I thought from the first minute he threw yellows out early and lost control of the game from my point of view. I speak to referees all the time and I’m massively disappointed from a Wolves angle because we don’t feel like we’ve been fairly treated.”

On what went wrong

“We need to eradicate it, but you don’t play with ten men every week, so it’s hard, so when it comes it’s a shock to the system. We look at ourselves first and foremost, we can defend better, even with ten men.

“We look at ourselves, but at the same time, other people need to look at themselves. It’s too much of a factor coming here to talk about referees. It’s a Premier League game of football, it felt so quick to play in and it was a fantastic game of football, but from our point of view we’re talking about referee issues, and it should never be the case.”

On the battle

“We want to win games and play against top teams, and they’re a top team. The game was fantastic, it was end to end, two good teams going at it and that was what it was and what it should have been for the rest of the game.

“I don’t understand, but my angle and what the lads were feeling, we don’t feel it’s a red and it’s a massive factor in what’s happened. The first thing we’ll do is look at ourselves as a team and individuals, and look at where we’ve got wrong, but other people will.”

Coady's take.
The players and manager are human. Look at the match thread. People were losing their minds over the decision to send Raul off. You think the whole Wolves contingent weren't?

Everything that transpired was a result of the sending off.

Refs make dodgy decisions all the time. Teams don't normally collapse because of it, managers don't stand on the side looking lost and doing nothing. The self pity is pathetic as is making excuses for it
in your opinion...

Back