• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

I said in the match day thread at half time that I was hugely concerned that another BHA second half display would arise and it did.
Players character has to be looked at to, we should have put the foot down early on second half but drifted into a state of negativity.
Nuno post match comments are just a cut and paste job. I’m actually very worried about his own MH at this time and whether he’s thinking clearly.
Get back to what serves you well ie do what you’ve done the last 3 seasons.
I’m not as confident as DW about our situation I think we’re in a genuine fight for survival and players need to show some serious character in the next few months.

I must say, we all rate Nuno highly (to some he's practically untouchable), but a manager is also judged by how he reacts to adversity, not just when it's going well. I hope he can get his mojo back and help us regroup

It did help that there wasnt a single shot on target in that game though.
I thought Ruddy looked confident & that attitude permeated through the defence. Rui looks to be lacking in confidence. He was badly positioned for the header & a bit slow to react as well.

just fuck off, another home defeat and against the shit with big sam..get some players in now

Very disappointed in the players and Club for poor buys and poor player management. At this level mistakes can be fatal to staying in EPL, and we have made quite of few amateur mistakes since last summer

That’s a brilliant post and completely fails to read the mood of the thread Alan. So you object to the negativity but don’t know why you object.

baaaa baaaaa that’s very sheep like . You are welcome to point out that you think I am a cunt but please have the cahones to point out why 😂😂
You are so intent on being right about us being shit that you can’t even see that I’m agreeing that it’s difficult to find positives right now.

Go swing your dick elsewhere if that’s how you’re going to be when you’re “right”.

Sure I’ll get the usual suspects shouting me down, but 3 at the back in the future please.
It doesn't matter if we go 3 or 4. We can't play with 4 wide players on the pitch, a defensive midfield offering no support our creativity and no strikers.

I thought Fabio tried hard but was no different to other games where his movement is to slow, at the wrong angles and of no threat. But he is 18 with no experience.

Our midfield was appalling today and that's what has been so disappointing, we should be dominating it and we weren't. We are far too passive and far too open.

We can't go back to basics because we don't have the players to do it anymore. It has to be evolution both on and off the field.

I hope Nuno can do this and he needs to start with changing mindset.

I don’t see us signing anyone still tbf (not saying that’s the right thing mind - a top signing could really galvanise us)
Even if we don’t sign anyone just remove the arrogance. A team like wolves can’t sleep walk to a midtable finish. You need to earn it.

Im in shock and I've been talking about losing today for the last couple of weeks. Despite a couple of posters telling me it wouldn't happen id had this nagging feeling.

Whats happened today is worse.

I expected them to shithouse a 1-0 win with a Big Sam defensive masterclass. When we gifted them the first penalty I thought that was materialising.

That we took the lead and s t i l l construed to fuck that up against a team that offered nothing in an attacking sense and were shaky the few times we did ask questions is beyond my worst negative prediction.

Silva did well, put himself about in the first half and pleased for his goal. His absolute limit for me is 55 minutes. After the early chance at the start of the second half he faded badly. Less said about the dive the better but VAR encourages diving/dishonesty imo.

Neves worst game in a Wolves shirt, constantly seemed to play himself into trouble or fall over. I have no idea what was wrong with him. Rightfully hooked.

Boly was good, did well in nearly everything he did.

Traore did a few bits, predominantly first half although him overplsying outside our box was in the buikd up to P1, but his particular second half performance was one of the worst of the lot. In the latter stages of the second half he was behind the ball near the halfway line(!) and passed to them/out of play on at least two occasions.

Im so very concerned for Nuno, professionally and personally. This feels like the end of days scratching around for ideas and throwing people on, but looking at him he looks tired with a capital T. He needs to disconnect and see his family.

I still don't think we'll be in the relegation scrap but there are serious problems here which need addressing.
This is spot on apart from the last bit. We are in one now, unless a miracle happens. We haven't got bad players in any way. They are the core of players who finished 7th twice and got to the 1/4 final in the Europa league. Maybe Doc is the only player we are missing, and obviously Raul. Neto is as good as Jota, obviously Silva is nowhere in comparision to Raul.

There's something more in it. The players confidence is shot to pieces. We keep conceding soft goals right after half time, then when we do we crumble pretty much every game. We never did that before. It isn't Nuno who concedes goals. Half time he would have said keep it tight for 15 mins then push on. He cannot be blamed for stupid decisions in the box.

I'm all for going back to what we know. But i still think it isn't going to help when the players really haven't got the belief like they had before. Every game we lose makes that belief less and less. Particularly when you have a comfortable lead and it's pissed away in 10 mins into the second half.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about the Coady substitution, we don't want that bond between him and Nuno weakening, it's so important to us

Yeah this is the thing.

it’s what I expect us to do. And maybe it will get us some short term results. But the way we are playing, and reacting to things, is nothing to do with the formation
It’s the How we play not the what. Surely I don’t need to say it again!

The goals we conceded today were nothing to
Do with the amount of players we had in a straight line.

Next five EPL games are losses for us, we have five winnable games rest of season outside of those we can not get any pts the way the team is now. No offense, no striker, poor defense.
I'll bet you £100 that we don't lose our next 5

I think someone needs to be brought in, a new player, a fresh face, just someone to change things. The whole place looks like it's struggling with belief and confidence - bringing in someone who can offer some confidence would make a huge difference

You are so intent on being right about us being shit that you can’t even see that I’m agreeing that it’s difficult to find positives right now.

Go swing your dick elsewhere if that’s how you’re going to be when you’re “right”.
There’s always the Ignore function....

Back