• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

Back to a back three for me. Our defence isn`t very good but are better as a unit with three at the back. Sorry, but Semedo is piss poor, is positional play is terrible. Silva had his best game for us but it still wasn`t good enough. Cutrone won`t get a look in now that he has scored. Mouthino and Neves playing together doesn`t work anymore for some reason.. Dedonker isn`t capable of what`s being asked of him. What`s the point of Traore running to the bye line and crossing when we have no one in the box able to take advantage? Puzzled at the Coady substitution. I`m worried about Nuno, he seems completely clueless at the moment. Very worrying times.

Nuno will turn it around. The players let him down badly today - can't think of one good performance except Fabio. Neto and Traore were poor.

Which one of the five do we have a chance to win
Look we are all pissed off (rightly) but I too have been going since the early seventies so today its more of a case of "glass thrown through the f***in window than a glass half full".
We weren't as bad as people are making out we do lack goals and seem quite shambolic at the back at times. Today on more than one occasion chances of good headers on goal were taken off the guy with a chance by someone to put it over the bar. The ref was a tosser. Compare the contact by Boly for the penalty to the challenge on Silva that went unpunished, how is one a foul and the other not. We lose composure as opposed to when we were dangerous at the end of the game.

As for who I expect us to beat we could beat any of them but we won't lose em all will we?

When is Marcal back? I'd be comfortable with a 4-2-3-1 staying if we could shore up AND Podence was back too. Otherwise I can see the logic of 3-4-3 for most of the rest of the season, albeit I do think longer term it isn't what pushes us into the top 6 (I know that seems a long way away at the moment).

I'm not that bothered by this, we might as well try because VAR rewards it.

Things like Kilman having a penalty called against him but Gibbs doesn't today noodle my noggin
There are ways and means of drawing pens, kicking into the defender, that kind of thing. Some teams do it well, or at least well enough where it's open to some level of debate as to the merit of whether it is a pen or not. He...doesn't.

Look we are all pissed off (rightly) but I too have been going since the early seventies so today its more of a case of "glass thrown through the f***in window than a glass half full".
We weren't as bad as people are making out we do lack goals and seem quite shambolic at the back at times. Today on more than one occasion chances of good headers on goal were taken off the guy with a chance by someone to put it over the bar. The ref was a tosser. Compare the contact by Boly for the penalty to the challenge on Silva that went unpunished, how is one a foul and the other not. We lose composure as opposed to when we were dangerous at the end of the game.

As for who I expect us to beat we could beat any of them but we won't lose em all will we?
He's an obvious troll (imo), ignore is a wonderful function

There are ways and means of drawing pens, kicking into the defender, that kind of thing. Some teams do it well, or at least well enough where it's open to some level of debate as to the merit of whether it is a pen or not. He...doesn't.
We do look very naive in the "street smarts" department. I think we're too honest sometimes and clearly don't practice the dark arts.

When is Marcal back? I'd be comfortable with a 4-2-3-1 staying if we could shore up AND Podence was back too. Otherwise I can see the logic of 3-4-3 for most of the rest of the season, albeit I do think longer term it isn't what pushes us into the top 6 (I know that seems a long way away at the moment).
Marcal was a dodgy LB and a very good LCB for Lyon. I thought he'd been signed to take the back 3 up a level.

Same. Totally on the players for me today. Both penalties were avoidable.
Sorry, can't agree with this, we win and lose together. There's a lot on Nuno for his preparation and choices this season that have got us to this point

Players need to take more of the blame Coady and Moutihno in the past 2 weeks have severely let Nuno down with just plain stupid tackles in the box.

Half way stage and the table doesn’t lie. We are where we deserve to be. It’s a shame but we look very disjointed at the moment and defensively atrocious.

But Nuno can't stop Moutinho, Boly and Coady giving away penalties. Stupid decisions.
That can happen when players are out of their comfort zone, confidence is shot and we're not playing to our strengths.

Certainly not absolving the players, but you seem to be absolving Nuno?

Marcal was a dodgy LB and a very good LCB for Lyon. I thought he'd been signed to take the back 3 up a level.
He's a decent, steady (but injury prone?) player, but Boly and Donk were the answer when they were out too, I don't think we have any messiah waiting in the wings tbh, it's bigger than that

We desperately need a couple of signings. Don't even care if it's short term thinking at this point as long as they gets us the 3-4 wins we will need

That can happen when players are out of their comfort zone, confidence is shot and we're not playing to our strengths.

Certainly not absolving the players, but you seem to be absolving Nuno?

I'm not absolving him, just that when you come out and 8 minutes in your defender gives away a penalty it totally changes the game plan.

As I've said before, once again silly mistakes have cost us. We are clearly a team destroyed of any confidence.

You looked bad against us. I predicted a draw for today, but not a loss, what’s wrong with your team right now?

Back