• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

You looked bad against us. I predicted a draw for today, but not a loss, what’s wrong with your team right now?
I'm assuming you're on a wind up? We were awful today and deserved to lose but we were the better side in the week.

You looked bad against us. I predicted a draw for today, but not a loss, what’s wrong with your team right now?
I think part of the problem is it’s not just one thing! So many small or big issues that need addressing and as soon as possible

Although with an xg of 0.8 for us and 0.3 for Everton, there’s an argument that we were far better than your team?

I'm not absolving him, just that when you come out and 8 minutes in your defender gives away a penalty it totally changes the game plan.

As I've said before, once again silly mistakes have cost us. We are clearly a team destroyed of any confidence.
You could say that after most of Sheff Utd's game this season. The manager has to take responsibility for organisation, attitude and confidence. It all starts with him.

If we're on a run like that he needs to be doing something about it. That's the measure of a manager. It can't be that he's lauded when we do well then the clock is stopped when we're doing badly

Not too much I'd argue about on this Spiers thread
Nope, as usual he hasn't a fucking clue about the game of football itself.

We can't return to a style of play we don't have the players for.

We don't have Raul, Jonny or Doc. We don't play with inverted fullbacks and we don't play with a Target man style striker.

How do you return to previous style without those players?

Spiers is a clueless cunt that I loathe.

No clock stopping here mate. I am of the opinion we should go back to a back three as soon as possible. A four isn't working and we do not have the players to make the system work.

I'm assuming you're on a wind up? We were awful today and deserved to lose but we were the better side in the week.
I’m not on the wind up. You did look bad vs us, we had no strikers on the pitch and you didn’t press or look ‘good’. We were terrible and the fact you couldn’t win backs my point.

We’ve had blips in all previous seasons under Nuno and he resolved them comfortably. This is beyond a blip now not saying change is needed.
We probably only need 4 wins to stay up which regardless of how bad we’re we should be able to achieve.
Just a case now of averting what’s going to be a disappointing season into an unmitigated disaster.
I have trouble contemplating relegation but current form is a huge worry.

No clock stopping here mate. I am of the opinion we should go back to a back three as soon as possible. A four isn't working and we do not have the players to make the system work.
We'll have to agree to disagree, but I'd say at the moment we look more like we have a manager who is struggling to make any system work. Trying to pin that on just the players won't help.

We have looked no better with a back 3 all season

It's all down to the players for me mate. I'm not absolving Nuno of blame entirely but you can't mitigate for the ridiculous penalties we are giving away and our decision making. It is atrocious at the moment - these are the things we need to address on the field first and foremost.

Nope, as usual he hasn't a fucking clue about the game of football itself.

We can't return to a style of play we don't have the players for.

We don't have Raul, Jonny or Doc. We don't play with inverted fullbacks and we don't play with a Target man style striker.

How do you return to previous style without those players?

Spiers is a clueless cunt that I loathe.
You still have to lay a portion of blame on the players. He's right about that. You could hold a 50 ft banner up in the dressing room at half time saying "KEEP IT TIGHT FIRST 15", but the players (not Nuno) have to carry out the instruction. Even in the Sunday league you match up your big guys against their big guys on corners and long throw ins. You certainly don't gift the opposition a penalty 5 mins in.
I think Nuno's demenour today was more he couldn't believe the shit he was seeing from his supposed senior players. My worry is how do you get players back up when they just lost to the shit, the second worst team in the division.

We have looked no better with a back 3 all season
Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle, Palace, Leicester. All with a three.

Five games there, two conceded, one a last minute free kick that should never have been given (and the keeper should save), one a mega dodgy penalty (compare that to the one we didn't get today! At least Max only used one arm).

We do look more solid defensively in general with a three. The trade off is we can struggle for fluency going forward (we didn't create huge amounts in any of those games bar Palace, who were shocking).

Five games there, two conceded, one a last minute free kick that should never have been given (and the keeper should save), one a mega dodgy penalty (compare that to the one we didn't get today! At least Max only used one arm).

We do look more solid defensively in general with a three. The trade off is we can struggle for fluency going forward (we didn't create huge amounts in any of those games bar Palace, who were shocking).

Yup. For me right now it has to be about keeping those clean sheets - if it means scrappy 0-0's or 1-0's so be it.

This I agree with players also look more comfortable in this system to.

Back