• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Sheff Weds 0 another step on the path verdict thread

I think most football fans would focus on poor decisions that go against us, not for us - and also tend to focus on the positives when we win 3-0 TBH Mark.

So you're happy to just let it go? Would you have had the same outlook for Forestieri had Wolves won that game? I doubt it somehow.

Trev definitely on the right page, people don't give a shit about cheating when they benefit from it.

So you're happy to just let it go? Would you have had the same outlook for Forestieri had Wolves won that game? I doubt it somehow.

Trev definitely on the right page, people don't give a shit about cheating when they benefit from it.

That wasn't what I said was it, but do carry on being contrary.

As I said on the red card thread, if you want to take simulation out of the game with retrospective action you have to take the rough with the smooth and accept that no club is whiter that white and we will have players banned as well. Looking at yesterday's penalty Dicko is on his way down before what little contact there was and that contact (knee to knee) was instigated by him.

Having seen the penalty decision, Dicko cut inside a sliding lunge and into the area then went to the right of the next defender...Their knees "collided" and he went to ground. There WAS contact of some sort so not a blatant dive and the referee was perfectly placed to give the spot kick. We've had many more decisions worse than that given against us this season.

That wasn't what I said was it, but do carry on being contrary.

I'm being contrary?! Coming from one of the many who were outraged by simulation in the Watford game, calling for retrospective bans and such like to eradicate such behaviour from the game, move forward a few days to a positive Wolves result and it's a 'we won, what can you do ay?'

Having seen the penalty decision, Dicko cut inside a sliding lunge and into the area then went to the right of the next defender...Their knees "collided" and he went to ground. There WAS contact of some sort so not a blatant dive and the referee was perfectly placed to give the spot kick. We've had many more decisions worse than that given against us this season.

Another tailor made excuse.

Where's all the post-Watford anti-simulation rage gone?!

Can we not have another verdict thread ruined please.

It's a perfectly valid discussion to be having if people didn't just try to dismiss it.

Another tailor made excuse.

Where's all the post-Watford anti-simulation rage gone?!

What don't you get from the first part of my post though Mark...THERE WAS CONTACT
That is totally different to pretending you've been punched in the face. Have you seen the highlights? I have

Care to take the discussion of Dicko diving or not and the behaviour of Wolves fans to a new thread. If nothing else it stops yet another verdict descending in petty arguments.

Its a discussion to be had but not at the expense of people wading through numerous posts that add nothing to the verdict of the game. Ta.

What don't you get from the first part of my post though Mark...THERE WAS CONTACT
That is totally different to pretending you've been punched in the face. Have you seen the highlights? I have

Contact instigated by Dicko, the defender is standing still when contact is made!

Care to take the discussion of Dicko diving or not and the behaviour of Wolves fans to a new thread. If nothing else it stops yet another verdict descending in petty arguments.

Its a discussion to be had but not at the expense of people wading through numerous posts that add nothing to the verdict of the game. Ta.

Start a new thread then.

So an incident from the game can't be discussed in it's own verdict thread? Bizarre.

Contact instigated by Dicko, the defender is standing still when contact is made!

So an incident from the game can't be discussed in it's own verdict thread? Bizarre.

Not when the proceeding posts are just bickering. Its tedious to read as "Doherty shit" "No he isn't" " Yes he is" ..."VLP is a coward" "No he isn't" "Yes he is" stuff from previous verdict threads

You've seen what's happen in previous verdict threads and we are consciously trying to stop this happening going forward. This Dicko conversation will go back and forth and will ruin the verdict thread. Anymore posts on this thread about 'The Dive' will be transferred to a new thread.

It seems like Kenny Jackett has finally found close to his best team which also seems close to his best eleven players. His selection of Jack Price, Scott Golbourne and a link player Benik Afobe now enables Kevin McDonald good passing options through midfield making Wolves less predictable than during much of the early season.
All to play for now, Derby will fear Wolves the more they can play through and in to Benik Afobe.

Matt Doherty was instrumental in two of the goals last night. It was good that he had a positive influence in the game. The play between him and Henry was reminiscent of their link up play last season

There were times last night where the link up play was superb. Tellingly, on 3 occasions it lead to a goal.
If we can get to the stage where we do this more often in a game, then we could beat any team in the division.

Hoping Stearman isn't badly hurt - any news on his injury?

Also, Deutsch has mentioned partnerships previously. To re-enforce the importance of this, a few observations:

Stearman/Baath are very key to how cohesive we've been defensively. Great to see Ebanks-Landell slotted straight in. Would still prefer the football genius back though.
Golbourne/Sako link up so well on the left.
As Darlo mentions, Doherty & Henry had some great moments.
Afobe & MacDonald are clearly on the same page. Almost every break in play they're in discussion. Trying to work out how to break down the opposition.

Price/MacDonald - last night Price was brilliant again. MacDonald was allowed to get much further forward & influence the game. Very very under-rated player is Jack Price.

Toping Stearman isn't badly hurt - any news on his injury?

KJ didn't seem to think it was too bad, and it was nerve damage as opposed to anything more serious, so fingers crossed he'll make Friday's game.

Back