• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Sheff Weds 0 another step on the path verdict thread

Hoping Stearman isn't badly hurt - any news on his injury?

Trapped nerve they think. So might be ok for Friday.

Was disappointed with Sheff Wed players when Stearman got injured and the game re-started

I thought Stearman had one of his worse games for a long time.

Dicko has previous, as far as simulation goes. It's in his nature unfortunately and I don't think there's much we can do about it. However, Mark commenting on the Watford incident where one of their players threw himself to the ground in a deliberate attempt to get Sako sent off, and Dicko going down slightly too easy to win a penalty (every team in the country does this unfortunately, it's just part of the modern day game and at the end of the day there WAS contact) is just stupid - whatever he responds to this with.

I really like a front four of Dicko, Sako, VLP & Afobe - with the option of the classy James Henry off the bench or to bring something else to the table. Hopefully KJ sticks with this against Derby because if we can knick three points against them it's game on good and proper.

Appreciate the verdicts earlier in the thread as well, lads.

Defensively he was ok but too many piss poor passes out of defence. Can remember 5 times where he gave them the ball straight back.

Trapped nerve they think. So might be ok for Friday.

Was disappointed with Sheff Wed players when Stearman got injured and the game re-started
Cheers (& also to langers).
I was surprised wednesday didn't give the ball back too.

It was a fairly open game, & Stearman did give the ball away, but wasn't alone in this. MacDonald did a few times, Van la Parra, Sako and a fair few others. It's why I felt we had another gear to step up to.

Henry's goal was a good strike, but on the Wednesday forum they are disappointed that the defenders backed off and allowed him space and time to pick his spot. For those at Molineux last night, is that how you saw it?

Only watching it on the clip I am with them on that based on what you can see, with the lad that tracks Doherty, it looks like they have 4 lads keeping a line behind the ball, one of them has got to be pressing and angling that on the edge of your box. It looks a very Wolves in the prem sort of goal to concede, in terms of too minimal forcing of the issue on runners from deep, taking pot shots and getting long range/wonder goals.

Yeah looked like he was allowed free reign to wander into a shooting position and pop it in the top corner. Great finish though.

Henry's goal was a good strike, but on the Wednesday forum they are disappointed that the defenders backed off and allowed him space and time to pick his spot. For those at Molineux last night, is that how you saw it?

The Sheffield lad wide left who gets dispossessed far to easy will be the one getting it in the ear from the coach, he just has to play the easy ball back to his full back for him to play a longer ball out of danger.

They should also be disappointed in allowing Afobe the freedom of Molineux for the second. Brilliant finish to say the least but there seemed to be no-one near him and nobody tracked his run at all.

They should also be disappointed in allowing Afobe the freedom of Molineux for the second. Brilliant finish to say the least but there seemed to be no-one near him and nobody tracked his run at all.

Abject defending from Stevie May in the build up, rather than try and double bank in front of his fullback he does a little dance and loses all semblance of what he should have been doing.

It was superbly taken by Henry but Wednesday more or less gave up after Afobe scored. Complete control for us after that goal (other than them trying to break McDonald every two minutes).

It was superbly taken by Henry but Wednesday more or less gave up after Afobe scored. Complete control for us after that goal (other than them trying to break McDonald every two minutes).

Anything to do with him playing for Sheff. Utd. for two years just before he joined us?

No idea (possible needle from when they played each other in a derby game? I wouldn't know) but they definitely targeted him.

He did, played well (suffered a bit when VLP had his spack attack after half time and left him horribly exposed).

He did, played well (suffered a bit when VLP had his spack attack after half time and left him horribly exposed).

He did well in that spell. Can only remember one serious threat coming from his side and that was the cross for the header they should have scored from.

Back