• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4 - 3 Leeds | Verdict Thread

Price was superb yesterday - though there was one tackle where he really flew in, got the ball with a lot of force so was fine - if he'd mistimed it, he'd definately have been off. I'm always nervous when people fly in like that, but he's never really got caught out by mistiming, so maybe I worry about nothing.

My first game in ages (years).

Thought we were superb on the whole part.

McD, WTF were you doing, as a kid you are always told do not turn back and go across the goal you did and we paid the price school bboy, other than that you had a good game.
Batth WTF when your keeper screams for the ball leave it you fool, this goal gave them a boost, useless, it was straight down Ikeme's throat.
WTF collectively were we doing for the 3rd, Price and Stearman, there is a time to Hoof it and Price that was a time to play it back to Ikeme to hoof it, Stears put your fucking foot through it.

I was in the South bank, what a fantastic atmosphere, I like the way this team attack, but we need to be better at decision making.

Last edited:

WTF is Redfearn talking about? They ran the game? Bossed it? What build up and lay off for the goal? We just passed it straight to him!

My first game in ages (years).

Thought we were superb on the whole part.

McD, WTF were you doing, as a kid you are always told do not turn back and go across the goal you did and we paid the price school bboy, other than that you had a good game.
Batth WTF when your keeper screams for the ball leave it you fool, this goal gave them a boost, useless, it was straight down Ikeme's throat.
WTF collectively were we doing for the 3rd, Price and Stearman, there is a time to Hoof it and Price that was a time to play it back to Ikeme to hoof it, Stears put your fucking foot through it.

I was in the South bank, what a fantastic atmosphere, I like the way this team attack, but we need to be better at decision making.

Christ - imagine if we'd lost.

I'd like to see Dicko get more time but if nursing him through saves us from missing him for games then so be it. Cracking game and the SB was epic.

WTF is Redfearn talking about? They ran the game? Bossed it? What build up and lay off for the goal? We just passed it straight to him!

I don't think he said much wrong, Thought Eddie Gray was spot on, we started Show boating after the 3rd ad it's let them back in the game.
After the 3rd goal when we started fannying around thought they actually did play well without creating a chance, there midfield were on top, but did not create a chance.

Don't know what he was looking at with the equaliser, it was a give away. by us, not good play from them

Back home after a brilliant BH - a pleasure to meet Squeeze for the first time

An absolutely mental match - why we started complicating matters & pissing around with the ball at 3 - 1 I will never know. Would have been furious if we had not got the winner as we really shouldn't be thinking that the game is won at any point until the final whistle.

Some have questioned Edwards substitution, and whilst Dicko was unlucky to be the one sacrificed, consider that he was instrumental in forcing our midfield further upfield - you could see him urging players forward - when for the previous 20 mins we had appeared happy to play the ball around in pretty patterns further back. This was key in getting the chance for the winner after collective brain fades had gifted them 2 goals to equalise.

SB went berserk when Edwards header went in - the 8th time I have been in there and without doubt the loudest I have heard it. The Magic song is well, just that.

(NB - for Leedwolf's benefit clearly the Brittannia have a thing with fire alarms - 1.30am this morning, but only for 10 seconds. Long enough to be wake with a start, leap out of bed & desperately fumble around to find my trousers then nothing. Stuck my head out the door, but nothing going on so went back to bed. Not the best nights sleep I have had as a result.)

Sorry about that PLF. Always good to see you. I take it that you had a safe trip back?

Sorry about that PLF. Always good to see you. I take it that you had a safe trip back?

Hardly your fault - unless you sneaked back to set it off :)

Good trip back - apart from the foreign truck trying to take me out as we came off the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road up to the M5 - in glorious sunshine.

When the 4th goal goes you can see a Wolves fans come out of the North Bank and run right along the pitch in front of the Leeds fans.

Great strike by Nouha for the first and great celebrations from Ikeme.

Another minor gripe (I don't want it to seem like I'm just moaning after we've picked up a fourth straight win and hauled ourselves into the top six, but y'know...) - it nearly bit us on the arse today with our stupid bench overloaded with defenders that we're never going to use. McDonald could easily have had to go off injured after that kid with the afro nearly put a hole in his ankle (should have been a red card really). Had that been the case we'd have had to field a midfield two of Edwards and Price which just looks $#@! on paper. Evans should be on the bench to cover the eventuality of McDonald going off early, he is at least a like for like swap. We are never going to bring on three defenders in one game so don't put three of them on the bench.

Totally agree

To get a flavour of the noise level in the SB, turn your speakers up full them multiply that by a factor of 5 - superb.

But why are we letting in people who can't dress themselves properly & get the shirt the right way round - & putting him in the front row of the NB wasn't a pretty sight :icon_biggrin:

When the 4th goal goes you can see a Wolves fans come out of the North Bank and run right along the pitch in front of the Leeds fans.

Great strike by Nouha for the first and great celebrations from Ikeme.

Yeah was sitting in my block on the front row. Was giving it large to the Leeds fans all game and then the winner obviously got too much for him. Ran across the front of the Steve Bull jumping up and down flicking the Vs. I found it hillarious, although the bottles came raining down on him from the Leeds fans. Guess he won't be at Molineux any time soon.

I like the guy on the fan cam who can't keep his shirt on

Back