• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 5 v 1 Horwich Wanderers: The Verdict Thread

I think Villa will end up our nearest rivals by the end of the season.

Bloody brilliant stuff again it seems today, love it!

I agree with you, I did think Boro were going to walk it this year but they’re in turmoil! Their fans who I know are wishing Monk woul f*** off!

We were devastating today. When Cav and Jota in particular play like that, teams just will not cope. Outstanding pace, skill, vision, determination - the dirty fuckers tried to scythe Jota down but even that didn't stop him. We look like scoring every time we break forward with pace.

If that wasn't enough, the assist for the 5th goal was outrageously good. Who made the assist? John Ruddy!!

We've got a team to be very proud of. And beating those cunts makes it all the sweeter.

What a magnificent afternoon.

I think Villa will end up our nearest rivals by the end of the season.

Bloody brilliant stuff again it seems today, love it!

Agreed. I would not be surprised if Aston Villa finished second. Steve Bruce seems to have them sorted out.

Still watching the goals over and over and over...

For anyone who used to criticise the match commentary on here from WH or whoever, just be thankful you're not a Bolton fan and have to read this drivel:

Beevers gives them a throw, some irrelevant scores then....they sally at us and...Bolly? Douglass, again and....Vela clears to Madine who has no support. Nothing new there. And now, they sally, we block and Robinson sets us off. Madine again no support, ut we get forward and..blockd and cleared. Scoes, then Little swipes wildly to nowhere for a corner. In it comes and...Vela clears for a throw. Wheater blocks a shot from Bonasera ?? Goal kick us now and...mic man chunners about them and then.....some head tennis and they sally but we get a throw. Burton Sunderland 0-0 so far. They clear, we clear and they sally at us again.
I mean erm... what? And what the hell is "sally"? I'm assuming some northern phrase.

Bonasera?? :icon_lol:

Brilliant just brilliant,and isn't it great sticking two fingers up to the pundits who said the manager has no championship experience,the foreign players wont cope with the championships pace and number of games,they'll hide when it's cold and wet(admittedly we've not done it on a cold,wet Wednesday oop north yet) they won't be up for the crunching tackles etc etc,quality always shines through

Surprised no one has mentioned David Wheaters attack on Jota that caused the Nuno sending off. Absolutely premeditated. Fucking clogger and the reason I can’t wait to get out of this division.

Jota shoulder barged him a couple of times and Wheater didn’t like it (this is after Wheater had his arm in Jota’s face while they ran down the line). Wheater even followed Jota shouting at him, clearly something along the lines of “you’ll pay for that” - and then at the very first opportunity, you could see it coming from a mile away, Wheater absolutely nails Jota from behind.

Fucking filthy twat and delighted Jota got his goal.

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned David Wheaters attack on Jota that caused the Nuno sending off. Absolutely premeditated. Fucking clogger and the reason I can’t wait to get out of this division.

Hits shoulder barged him a couple of times and Wheater didn’t like it (this is after Wheater had his arm in Jota’s face while they ran down the line). Wheater even followed Jota shouting at him, clearly something along the lines of “you’ll pay for that” - and then at the very first opportunity, you could see it coming from a mile away, Wheater absolutely nails Jota from behind.

It was a coward's tackle. Disgraceful.

Hits shoulder barged him a couple of times and Wheater didn’t like it (this is after Wheater had his arm in Jota’s face while they ran down the line). Wheater even followed Jota shouting at him, clearly something along the lines of “you’ll pay for that” - and then at the very first opportunity, you could see it coming from a mile away, Wheater absolutely nails Jota from behind.

I was too busy getting overly excited about our PPG... BUT whilst I didn't spot the arm in Jota's face, I did think Wheatear could easily (and probably should have) have walked for the challenge. It was late and from behind.

If we are honest though, despite Nuno's zen like interviews, he's been close to a red a couple of times this season

Can you imagine if Nuno squared up to you?

I would shit myself, drop to the floor and curl up into the foetal position. In that order.

Wheater went out to hurt him, straight out the Paul Robinson scrapbook. He was riled by him (you know the short Portuguese chap wearing short-sleeves and no gloves!), and just went and scythed him down. You could see it from the stands, as soon as Jota got the ball he wanted to go in an hurt him. A tackle where you make no effort to win the ball and aim to hurt the opponent should be a red. Just gets away with it because it’s not two footed, out of control etc.

Was Neves challenge that bad to get a yellow. I don't think It was, but watching on Wolves TV in Spain, and not able to see a replay I'm not sure it was.

Seen them given as yellows. Was late from behind. But to have the same punishment for that as Wheaters is crazy.

Must say I think the Neves yellow could turn out to be good news over the season. Means he doesn't play for two weeks - time to pack him and family off to Portugal for a few days' break. See the family, re-charge his batteries. I always used to admire how SAF managed to give some of his key players a break and the yellow gives us the chance to do the same. Personally I'd bring Alf in, but can see Nuno going with Price to have the same shape for the team.

Back