• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Not a glowing recommendation, you hated Fábio at 18... (With good reason 😂)
I should've said technically!

As an athlete Frazer is already a long way ahead of Silva who is as slow as treacle and has the physical strength of a dandelion.

Last edited:
No we went to 3 at the back.

I think Griffiths, Roberts, Campbell and Pond all look good. Lembikissa isn't too far away and Fraser probably not far behind him.

I like Fraser a lot, big strong and quick, he's also a goal scorer which we need. I don't see a lot of difference between Fraser and Silva at 17/ 18

Yeah, I agree re: Fraser. He's something the youth teams have been missing for a while.

Lembikisia looked good defensively which has sometimes let him down in the past.

Agboola seems to be back fit again. He’ll now disappear for another six months I imagine

The u18s are playing tomorrow and there are a fair few of them in this team, plus the u21s play again on Monday. Although by Monday you'd expect to have players like Hodge, Ronan, Campbell, Sarkic and Lembikisia available.

Yeah, I agree re: Fraser. He's something the youth teams have been missing for a while.

Lembikisia looked good defensively which has sometimes let him down in the past.
I'm guessing both are with the first team this weekend.

Lembikisa will be with Jonny doubtful and no reason for Fraser to drop off the bench, none of the forwards are back. Although given we didn't bring him on at 3-2 down with 10 minutes to go vs Brighton (only used four out of five subs in the end, including Ronan's injury time appearance), very unlikely he'll actually play.

Lovely goal from Farmer.

Strength to beat the CB to the ball and hold him off and then a lovely finish from a tightish angle

2-0. Harkin

Good counter attacking goal...would question the keeper who didn't come out to close him down but still a tidy finish to a quick attack

2-1 FT

Straight forward victory really bar the final 2 mins of added time. Jackson-Smith made a great double save then the ball found its way back in, great block but then we couldn't keep the follow up out.

Lovely goal from Farmer.

Strength to beat the CB to the ball and hold him off and then a lovely finish from a tightish angle
it would be proper football romantic stuff if he's related to Ted Farmer

Thought we looked the better side throughout. Reading didn't have a shot until second half injury time. A slightly scrappy game and some of our younger lads might be better retaining possession when we've been under pressure rather than trying flicks all the time.

Excellent goal by harkin, although there was a hint of handball and offside in the build up. (Farmer got the assist).

I really like Birtwistle, I think once he grows a bit he'll transform as a player. He has a good football brain and doesn't seem to get rushed. Time will tell.

We've been drawn away at Man Utd u21s in the Papa Johns Trophy.

Can we still play over age players... Get Costa in to lead the line. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back