• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I haven't seen pond play yet, I'm hoping to be able to watch the 2nd half at least

Great finish by Griffiths.

Positive start. Midfield is strong for that level

Midfield is strong for that level
Which in turn demonstrates the current problem with age group football, because I can tell you how many of that midfield will make a Premier League career, it starts with n and ends in one.

But then loans are shit on the whole, and I'm not ever going to romanticise the mid 1990s Pontins League fixtures I regularly went to, so I don't have an easy answer.

Great finish by Griffiths.

Positive start. Midfield is strong for that level
We do have an odd problem of no left backs and no right wingers.

Harkin is a striker and Lembikissa a very good RB.

Not sure about Griffiths in the 10 role even though it was a good finish. We seem to be asking him to play in this strange position the first team have Nunes in.

And Griffiths is also a number 8 and has the same problems as Nunes in that he's better moving forward from deep and not very good at receiving the ball with this back to goal.

It's weird the club are persisting with this crap throughout.

We do have an odd problem of no left backs and no right wingers.

Harkin is a striker and Lembikissa a very good RB.

Not sure about Griffiths in the 10 role even though it was a good finish. We seem to be asking him to play in this strange position the first team have Nunes in.

And Griffiths is also a number 8 and has the same problems as Nunes in that he's better moving forward from deep and not very good at receiving the ball with this back to goal.

It's weird the club are persisting with this crap throughout.
Yeah I guess as Bueno has been fast tracked and Richards is out on loan we are short. Birtwistle is good too I think so opposite problem on the right currently!

Agree on Griffiths. Unless it’s to help him in a certain area of his game not sure what that’s about.

This nonsense with the midfield reminds me a little bit when Jackett decided he wanted to play someone big and good in the air as a number ten because he’d seen Moyes do it effectively with Fellaini. Not sure where they’ve seen this work though.

Griffiths a year behind Hodge and we paid a decent chunk of money for him? Surely potential for him to make it to upper championship/lower PL? How does he compare to Cundle who had a chance of playing in the PL?

Griffiths a year behind Hodge and we paid a decent chunk of money for him? Surely potential for him to make it to upper championship/lower PL? How does he compare to Cundle who had a chance of playing in the PL?
Of this current midfield he defo has the highest ceiling for me. As you say we’ve paid decent money for him.

Cundle seems to be doing really well at Swansea

He's very good,, deep lying midfielder who can carry the ball forwards. Will play at high Championship/ PL.

Scruffy finish from Frazer but good to see a striker finish a scruffy one.

A striker scoring a goal for Wolves. Oh my days.

Leicester are rubbish

Of this current midfield he defo has the highest ceiling for me. As you say we’ve paid decent money for him.

Cundle seems to be doing really well at Swansea
I think Cundle will be a good solid Pro at PL level.

Campbell needs a loan I think. I prefer him to Corbeanu so hopefully we can get him an equally decent level to play at all

The bar is so high these days. I don't see Griffiths as a PL player. We barely played MGW in the PL and he was a standout player at this level when he was 16. Christian Herc was a goalscoring legend from midfield, now at Grasshoppers and we sorted that out for him.

I'd have Fraser involved in the first team this week. Of course he isn't a proper answer. He's better than putting Hwang or Guedes there though and just tell him to go and play, enjoy it. Could be our 2020s Darren Roberts.

Back