• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

The bar is so high these days. I don't see Griffiths as a PL player. We barely played MGW in the PL and he was a standout player at this level when he was 16. Christian Herc was a goalscoring legend from midfield, now at Grasshoppers and we sorted that out for him.

I'd have Fraser involved in the first team this week. Of course he isn't a proper answer. He's better than putting Hwang or Guedes there though and just tell him to go and play, enjoy it. Could be our 2020s Darren Roberts.
Sarkic
Bolla -- Lonwjik -- Marques -- Bueno
Griffiths -- Ronan
Corbeanu -- Cundle -- Campbell
Silva
Including the loans out that side would do well in the Championship.

If we did go down, and the subsequent for sale that would follow, I can see that being the team. Still need a manager though.

You'd imagine we'd actually sign one player at least.

Marques isn't very good.

Sarkic
Bolla -- Lonwjik -- Marques -- Bueno
Griffiths -- Ronan
Corbeanu -- Cundle -- Campbell
Silva
Including the loans out that side would do well in the Championship.

If we did go down, and the subsequent for sale that would follow, I can see that being the team. Still need a manager though.

I swear you have done this to troll me after all my talk in the transfer thread about the positive side of development we at least have going on resulting in a pile on! 😂

Stopped watching the game to sort bedtime but was impressed with what I saw, some good off ball movement.

We would though, wouldn't we.

Newcastle were for sale for over 10 years and they didn't sign 0 players in all that time.

Plus from an investment firm point of view, selling us as we went down would be nonsense.

We would though, wouldn't we.

Newcastle were for sale for over 10 years and they didn't sign 0 players in all that time.

Plus from an investment firm point of view, selling us as we went down would be nonsense.
Fosun get their money back (£150m dividend and then whatever the sale price is) and move on. Simple business decision. Let the next guy come in and spend their money.

Might get a few players in on a free/ loan and make the wage bill 10% of what it was and it would depend on who the new manager is

I swear you have done this to troll me after all my talk in the transfer thread about the positive side of development we at least have going on resulting in a pile on! 😂

Stopped watching the game to sort bedtime but was impressed with what I saw, some good off ball movement.
Honestly no, but it did make me think what the side could be if we went down.

You aren't selling us for £150m in the Championship :D

If you go down then you essentially have a two year window to go back up. It's why Bournemouth chucked loads at it in January of this year.

You aren't selling us for £150m in the Championship :D

If you go down then you essentially have a two year window to go back up. It's why Bournemouth chucked loads at it in January of this year.
You've misunderstood me. The player sales give Fosun £150m, be that through dividends or payback of loans. Not unusual business practice.

They would them sell for whatever as they wouldn't have lost anything.

Anyway this is the wrong thread for this discussion.

All the loans are gone, written off, the football club currently owes Fosun £0.

They're shit owners - well, more accurately, they've entrusted the club to someone way short of being up to the task - right now but you're wide of the mark, mate.

All the loans are gone, written off, the football club currently owes Fosun £0.

They're shit owners - well, more accurately, they've entrusted the club to someone way short of being up to the task - right now but you're wide of the mark, mate.
They did the old ones but not the new ones from this summer. They're loans.

Well we won't know what loans (if any) were put in for about two years.

Regardless they cannot sell all the good players and say "hey guys, please buy our Championship club for £150m". Or £50m. No-one will buy it.

Much more likely they'd do enough to get us back up (you don't have to be very good, look at the QPR and Blackburn teams) then sell us, if they do want out. Or we stay up (just) this season and then sell us.

Back to the actual game.

Leicester's triple sub has typically bamboozled our limited coaching staff (who continually bark at the players, just stfu and let them play FFS).

Whatever our HT team talks are I would say they need changing.

Lovely but of interplay between Lembikissa and Ronan who hammers one in from 20+ yds.

Gone to 3-5-2 but is very imbalanced.

Don't really know what to make of that. Miles better in the first half and then a bit more even second half after Leicester made a triple change.

Decent goals by us and I thought Campbell looked about a second ahead of everyone else in his speed of thought.

Pond looked decent, I had to dip in and out - did he get moved to RB?

Tyler Roberts is my next big hope for someone from the academy making it.

Don't really know what to make of that. Miles better in the first half and then a bit more even second half after Leicester made a triple change.

Decent goals by us and I thought Campbell looked about a second ahead of everyone else in his speed of thought.

Pond looked decent, I had to dip in and out - did he get moved to RB?

Tyler Roberts is my next big hope for someone from the academy making it.
No we went to 3 at the back.

I think Griffiths, Roberts, Campbell and Pond all look good. Lembikissa isn't too far away and Fraser probably not far behind him.

I like Fraser a lot, big strong and quick, he's also a goal scorer which we need. I don't see a lot of difference between Fraser and Silva at 17/ 18.

Back