• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Jordi Ortega has left, gone to Cordoba.

Not surprised, the kind of game Wolves were playing at under21 level required runners on as big a pitch as possible, not the short passing game Ortega would be more happy with.

Not surprised, the kind of game Wolves were playing at under21 level required runners on as big a pitch as possible, not the short passing game Ortega would be more happy with.

Yes, the U21's were pretty shit to watch at times with this direct ball rubbish. I'd hoped that had changed. I guess not.

Sellers still in charge? If so - and pardon my naivety - but shouldn't he have the U21s playing a similar style to the first team?

Yes, the U21's were pretty shit to watch at times with this direct ball rubbish. I'd hoped that had changed. I guess not.

I felt sorry watching the foreign lads at Wolves in the under21 side last season, totally unsuited to the kind of game they would be comfortable playing. Wolves really didn't think those signings through. Fish out of water.

Jerry Gill takes Iwelumo's aborted role - he has been in charge of Norwich's U18s previously.

Just wondering where BCI will pop up now. Not entirely sure they've replaced Webber yet.

Where does CI live? most have taken it and got cold feet, still wish him well. A quick search showed that he was briefly Norwich's u21's manger too, can't say I know a lot about him but that isn't always a bad thing.

Maybe all the conspiracies about Morgan/Moxey are true and Chris decided it was best to get the Hell outta dodge when the true nature of things was revealed.

Don't think that's actually the case but it is a possible scenario.

It's an unlikely scenario, what involvement do either of those have that could unsettle a u18's manager that soon into his appointment? I have seen nothing of Morgan, fans used to moan he was too involved, now he has taken a back seat they moan he is up to something as you don't see him.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 17 hrs17 hours ago

Academy Under-18s have beaten FC Dordrecht 4-2 in the first match of their training camp in Holland, having come back from 1-0 down.

Wolves U21s & U18s ‏@Comptonstars 19 hrs19 hours ago

Wolves U21s players Jim Kellermann & Ben O'Hanlon have been/are on trial at Torquay and Kidderminster respectively looking for moves

O'Hanlon was on trial with Crawley last week wasn't he?

Wolves Vs Newcastle

Wolves Under-21s will kick off their new season in the Barclays Premier League Division 2 at home to Newcastle United at the New Bucks Head on Saturday (3pm).

Admission for the games at Telford will again be free for Wolves’ Season Ticket Holders – otherwise £5 for adults, £4 concessions and £1 for Under-16s.

Car parking will be available at £3 per car.

Entrance for the game will be via the Sir Stephen Roberts West Stand only.

Back