• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves V Blackburn Nothing much to report Verdict Thread.

When we review the season , the fact that we have failed to beat Blackburn, Burton,Wigan and also lost to blues QPR, Bristol shows instantly the games we need to improve on if we are to do anything in this league. To do that we need a stronger spine. A keeper who commands through to a striker who scores. Much needs to be tweaked

�� can safely say that's the worse game I've ever been to.
Just going to echo what's been said already, Dicko played one of the worse 45 minutes of football I've ever seen from a professional.
What is Saiss good at? Can't pass, tackle, shoot, run and no skill another who needs shown the exit door sharpish.
Lonergan my word didn't have anything to do and still looked a shambles, can't kick and shows zero command of his area.
Burgoyne has to finish the season another few games in the first team will do him the world of good.
Dave Edwards again totally anonymous and a passenger throughout.
How Blackburn couldn't dispose of us playing like that just shows how bad they are.

When we review the season , the fact that we have failed to beat Blackburn, Burton,Wigan and also lost to blues QPR, Bristol shows instantly the games we need to improve on if we are to do anything in this league. To do that we need a stronger spine. A keeper who commands through to a striker who scores. Much needs to be tweaked

Nothing to do with a stronger spine. It's the shite counter attacking shit that fails when teams come to Molineux. It's failed for the last 2 seasons and I have no idea why we persist with the same crap.

It's very simple really. We need better players and better coaches. I don't have much faith in us being much more than a mid table team next season under Lambert. I still don't really know what he wants from his team. I'm sure there will be a lot of changes in the summer but we are sure to see the likes of edwards, doherty and batth in the team and that will stop us improving a great deal.

Out all afternoon playing bowls in glorious sunshine - this thread shows me that I had a much better day!!

Out all afternoon playing bowls in glorious sunshine - this thread shows me that I had a much better day!!

Being house bound with food poisoning would have been a better choice than what we all witnessed.

Morgan Gibbs white was handed the official man of the match award..... he was on the pitch for 23 minutes

It's very simple really. We need better players and better coaches.
I was saying today, all those on Lonegan's back for not distributing the ball quicker. Surely he has been coached by Pat Mountain this week not to throw/kick the ball out quicker. He wouldn't be not doing it off his own back?

Hmm. I don't think Lonergan is a very proactive keeper, much like Ikeme. Both do the bullshit of running out with the ball then slowing down and just kicking it anyway.

That said, since we abandoned it under Jackett (and we played some lovely stuff up to this point) none of our coaches have tried to play out from the back.

Well thats 90 minutes of my life gone for a burton. So so poor in every position, I think Lonergans kicking is actually getting worse. Defensively we weren't too bad (we've been a lot worse). I'm so disappointed with Saiss, he was realky poor in every aspect of the game....nail in coffin I think. Dickos first touch was truly appalling, not that the others were much better. Although I dont like to see any player get injured but I thought now Cavs coming on, something will happen..........it didn't. The one (minor) positive was MGW, he looked useful and sparked the team into decent 5 minute patch.........then it all faded away.........wish I'd gone for ride on me bike in the sunshine

Few points:
Marshall intimated, conflict of interest or couldn't be arsed, but his worst game since he got slim
Saiss on a positive note didn't play as a 3rd centre half playing Hollywood balls, but he just isn't very good, he goes to sleep and doesn't see the game around him, one corner in the second half came from him having no idea there was a player overlapping on their left.
Cav, a legend in his own mind type performance, step overs a plenty, end product next to nothing, although he did have our shot on target. Can't play in a 442.
Centre halves, bin both of them, Stearman was actually alright, but I don't want to see us sign him, Williamson's legs have gone and he's not THAT good to compensate for it, he doesn't hoof all the time though so that's a positive
I thought Saville at left back was our best player, like Coady on the other side he'll never offer anything going forwards and isn't a long term option, but defensively he did well.

Today is best summed up by the following. If every player bar Gibbs White never played for us again I wouldn't be upset in the slightest.

The only player you've forgotten TT was edwards - how was he? Actually and weimann

Few points:
Marshall intimated, conflict of interest or couldn't be arsed, but his worst game since he got slim
Saiss on a positive note didn't play as a 3rd centre half playing Hollywood balls, but he just isn't very good, he goes to sleep and doesn't see the game around him, one corner in the second half came from him having no idea there was a player overlapping on their left.
Cav, a legend in his own mind type performance, step overs a plenty, end product next to nothing, although he did have our shot on target. Can't play in a 442.
Centre halves, bin both of them, Stearman was actually alright, but I don't want to see us sign him, Williamson's legs have gone and he's not THAT good to compensate for it, he doesn't hoof all the time though so that's a positive
I thought Saville at left back was our best player, like Coady on the other side he'll never offer anything going forwards and isn't a long term option, but defensively he did well.

Agree with all that. I was a bit hyperbolic earlier but the point is still there.

The only player you've forgotten TT was edwards - how was he? Actually and weimann

Put it this way if hadn't read the team sheet before the game you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch totally anonymous.

Put it this way if hadn't read the team sheet before the game you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch totally anonymous.

Standard performance. When we have the ball he stands just behind the strikers directing traffic. Then runs around like a lunatic when we lose the ball.

Edwards had a typical Edwards performance as one of the 2 man midfield in a game we should be looking to dictate, he ran a lot, was never short of effort, created nothing. Against a side better than us, there is an argument for him in this formation, he won't ever be the answer when we want to take the game to the opposition.
Weimann was the player who Lambert was criticising post match without mentioning him directly about not taking responsibility and passing rather than shooting, he got in decent positions in the second half, but kept trying to pull it back rather than having a go himself. He shouldn't be, but looked like he played like he was low on confidence, I'd still sign him for £1.5m, but I'd be delighted if he's on the bench at the start of next season.

Dicko's first half performance was very, very poor. I'll never give him stick at the match, but the errors in his game today had nothing to do with the lack of a pre season, his control was awful.

Few points:

Fyi Marshall's worst game was Burton away, but whatevs posttruth era innit.

On to today's game, we tried a 442 without the strikers for a 442. Blackburn put in no effort and it equated to a nothing game. Shame a team close to.relegation couldn't be arsed to fight to stay up.

Fyi Marshall's worst game was Burton away, but whatevs posttruth era innit.

On to today's game, we tried a 442 without the strikers for a 442. Blackburn put in no effort and it equated to a nothing game. Shame a team close to.relegation couldn't be arse to fight to stay up.
I said since he got slim and he came on as sub with 10 minutes to go at Burton

Could have been a different post match verdict had the dude at the end hit the ball first time, instead of trying to control it when the ball came across the box.

Back