• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Ipswich Town - Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swedish comm says only bad thing with afobe is that he hasnt scored since february... :facepalm: just wanna kick the tv in

Innocent Young Lads 0-1 Seasoned Pros
Kenny Jackett 0-1 Tactically Competent Manager

Edwards off for me. Price on. It isn't working. Our danger comes from wide and the front two. He doesn't add anything to that and we're missing someone to pick it off the bag four, forcing them to clip it long.

Really tepid first half. We look very nervous, crowd not getting behind the team, but are being given nothing to get behind.

Much as he can win games for us Sako is not at the races today & we are getting bullied in midfield (not helped by Atwell allowing it)

Agree with Price on & Edwards off - apart from the post hit he has added nothing & allowing Ipswich to completely negate NcDonald's influence

Need to get sako further up the pitch. Iorfa is having far more of an effect than our best creative player. We also need either Mac or Edwards further up to get the ball from the strikers.

Come on Kenny - big test now.

As I said earlier Atwell is an awful ref.
Always thought so.
Too impetuous and full of himself imo.
This being said Wolves were inept in that first half.
Big big response needed now.

Shocking official's, we're playing ok, being done by a typical McCarthy team at the moment, no surprise, we've been there enough times.

45 minutes to save our season then, need a massive second half

Edwards off for me. Price on. It isn't working. Our danger comes from wide and the front two. He doesn't add anything to that and we're missing someone to pick it off the bag four, forcing them to clip it long.

Would agree with that - would allow McDonald to play further forward.

To be honest, we could do without the theatrics of having a "bad referee", in a game like this. We just want the football to do the talking - not some jerk off dressed in black trying to take centre stage which is ALWAYS the case with Stuart Atwell.

Don't blame the referee because we are losing. That is always the easy option.

Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post
Yeah, McCarthy will probably show us how either getting a 0-0 or a set piece 1-0 away win is done i fear.

Horrible first half. This was predicted on the Bora verdict thread. Several comments agreed. If we knew what to expect how come it seems so easy for Ipswich?

We can still do this, but McDonald needs to play higher up the pitch. We know what Mick will do, they'll get deeper and deeper and we need someone that can break them down.

There's no use blaming the ref here. We simply need to impose ourselves. we're just not physical enough against a team like Ipswich. Bluntly, we need to give one or two of them a kicking instead of always being on the receiving end.

Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post

Horrible first half. This was predicted on the Bora verdict thread. Several comments agreed. If we knew what to expect how come it seems so easy for Ipswich?
Sorry I had to predict it at the moment but you never know.

Don't blame the referee because we are losing. That is always the easy option.
Come on Frank you are better than that, without the benefit of seeing replays he has been shocking, giving us no protection as they kick lumps out of us, waiting too long before showing the first yellow and that was a nasty over the ball challenge that is a red card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back