• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Women Thread

Depends how you take it. I frequently "meet the boys" at the pub. We're predominantly in our thirties and forties.

My Dad refers to my sister's as "the girls" despite them being Women in their fifties.

You can find anything offensive if you try hard enough. If anyone's offended by my use of "girls" in this context, I really couldn't give a fuck.

I have actual problems to worry about without minding my P's and Q's for the sensitive souls on the Internet.
I often think the forum has a little schism, a kind of offset.
Whilst we all call politicians and referees and players 'cunts' and other hugely derogatory names often with many floral adjectives in front, and that's perfectly 'acceptable', for instance, one highly respected stalwart posted a remark about Steve Cooper the Forest Manager referring to him as a 'mutant' because he's probably the ugliest manager on tv, and a few other mildly shocking terms of endearment, yet it produces pages of outrage when someone refers to a female commentator as the 'woman'.

Whilst we all call politicians and referees and players 'cunts' and other hugely derogatory names often with many floral adjectives in front, and that's perfectly 'acceptable', for instance, one highly respected stalwart posted a remark about Steve Cooper the Forest Manager referring to him as a 'mutant' because he's probably the ugliest manager on tv, and a few other mildly shocking terms of endearment, yet it produces pages of outrage when someone refers to a female commentator as the 'woman'.
Idiot.

I'm pretty sure it's faux outage in order to be all modern. "Try hards" if you will. If you have to try hard then perhaps you're not as modern as you like to pretend. It's overcompensating and boring.

No-one really commented on your post other than LJ trying and failing to be funny...

I wouldn't align yourself with Wolf Hunting bingo of replying to a comment from four months ago out of nowhere (the thread only got bumped because I posted some actual news that people might be interested in, ironically it's now been lost as it's on the last page and someone decided to be a prat), him being snippy about the way other people post like a toy cop moderator and missing the point entirely.

By the way Roy, you ever have a problem with something I post, say so. You don't need to hide away behind crappy barely-veiled comments and you should have plenty of experience on the other end by now given your own output and what people think of it. Can't do that - then shut the fuck up.

I'm pretty sure it's faux outage in order to be all modern. "Try hards" if you will. If you have to try hard then perhaps you're not as modern as you like to pretend. It's overcompensating and boring.
Idiot II.

By the way Roy, you ever have a problem with something I post, say so. You don't need to hide away behind crappy barely-veiled comments and you should have plenty of experience on the other end by now given your own output and what people think of it. Can't do that - then shut the fuck up.
What on earth are you getting so exercised about, and why are you so defensive?
Fuck's sake Dan, get a grip!!
I was actually remarking on the stark contrast between referring to a bloke as a cunt and as a mutant, which I thought was a bit severe, and someone in a different context referring to a female commentator as a woman.
I thought the contrast was stark.
As in none is bothered one slightest about the first, yet many were up in arms at length, about the second.
Didn't matter who said it.
That's why I saw no need to mention your name.

The outrage is over people trying to defend behavior like that.

There are right and wrong ways to talk about the job a woman in a male-dominated industry is doing. If you can't take the extra five seconds to come up with something more respectful than "the woman" or "the female", don't expect the same five seconds given to you in return.

Anyway, can we shut this shit down? This team deserves better than having the thread dragged into that crap any longer.

I was actually remarking on the stark contrast between referring to a bloke as a cunt and as a mutant, which I thought was a bit severe, and someone in a different context referring to a female commentator as a woman.
As in none is bothered one slightest about the first, yet many were up in arms at length, about the second.

Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining. I know what you were doing and you've done it before, don't do it again.

Anyway, as was the original point - the League Cup final is at Molineux on 31st March and I'll probably go.

The outrage is over people trying to defend behavior like that.

There are right and wrong ways to talk about the job a woman in a male-dominated industry is doing. If you can't take the extra five seconds to come up with something more respectful than "the woman" or "the female", don't expect the same five seconds given to you in return.
Lol, you shouldn't have to add citations to a informal forum post.

I've already forgotten the name of the upcoming female PL referee, I could easily Google it but I really shouldn't have to in this informal setting.

"the female ref" or even "the woman ref" would leave no one in any doubt over who I was referring to.

I don't think your want for "respectful" on a forum where all and sundry are referred to as "cunt" is particularly realistic either.

OK, let's stop this now please. It was tedious a week or so ago, not changed now. Thanks

I've heard a rumour that Molineux will be hosting a Cup Final.

Anyone confirm that?...

For the final time it wasn't about him calling her a woman it was about a poster on the record for saying he doesn't like women commentating or co commentating on the game, not a specific one, the whole 50% of the population writing "and don't get me started on the female contribution". If you can't see that for what it is then you are part or the same problem. The comparison with calling someone a rude word is trite

Back