• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Women Thread

That's a pretty standard crowd for football at that level huh? Wolves home gates are pretty similar?
I can't speak for what Wolves get, it's higher than Mickleover have for a typical game in the Southern Prem at the same ground though. There were probably 20 or so obvious Wolves fans there, plus at least 2 others who were covert 😃

I can't speak for what Wolves get, it's higher than Mickleover have for a typical game in the Southern Prem at the same ground though. There were probably 20 or so obvious Wolves fans there, plus at least 2 others who were covert 😃
What level is Mickelover? Never heard of them. Basingstoke get around 600, they're tier 7.

Went to the game this afternoon at Derby. Wolves won 2-1. First half controlled the game, quicker and much more talented than the opposition. Scored 2 good goals, the second a great solo effort from Amber Hughes although both were helped by Derby's undersized keeper. Off the pace in the second when Derby were the better side, not sure if that's a fitness thing? I wouldn't say we were hanging on, but if there were a 4th goal it would have been more likely to Derby.

Pleasantly surprised overall by the touch and control of both sides. With Newcastle being professional I think that fitness will tell, a shame Fosun prioritise other ventures
Thanks for the update.

I know their record crowd was 650 v Albion a few years back.
Yeah, that was at the CKW Stadium in Castlecroft. Crowds are larger since the move to the New Bucks Head in Telford.

Yeah, that was at the CKW Stadium in Castlecroft. Crowds are larger since the move to the New Bucks Head in Telford.
It's quite difficult to find info on the girls' attendances. Apparently they smashed the attendance record last season with over 1700 but record attendances are not a great metric and can be very misleading...

The record WSL crowd is over 40k yet the average gate is 1k, despite Chelsea having an average of 3k and City and Arsenal averaging 2k and matches against each other regularly getting 4k.

Last edited:
It's quite difficult to find info on the girls' attendances. Apparently they smashed the attendance record last season with over 1700 but record attendances are not a great metric and can be very misleading...

The record WSL crowd is over 40k yet the average gate is 1k, despite Chelsea having an average of 3k and City and Arsenal averaging 2k and matches against each other regularly getting 4k.
Last season's largest attendance was 3,834 for the game at Molineux against Huddersfield - IIRC the 1700 figure was from the 2021-22 season rather than 2022-23.

As an example of Bucks Head attendances, the game v Derby was 669.

Can open, worms everywhere...

Last season's largest attendance was 3,834 for the game at Molineux against Huddersfield - IIRC the 1700 figure was from the 2021-22 season rather than 2022-23.

As an example of Bucks Head attendances, the game v Derby was 669.
Like I said, it's not straightforward getting the info. My searches don't seem to give me up to date stats.

Can open, worms everywhere...
Depends how you take it. I frequently "meet the boys" at the pub. We're predominantly in our thirties and forties.

My Dad refers to my sister's as "the girls" despite them being Women in their fifties.

You can find anything offensive if you try hard enough. If anyone's offended by my use of "girls" in this context, I really couldn't give a fuck.

I have actual problems to worry about without minding my P's and Q's for the sensitive souls on the Internet.

F4i-SfGXkAATxTI

Jesus thats crazy. Must be a bit crap being a Belles having been so dominante before this rise and now being so far off the top of the game.

After a really good away 1-1 draw at the weekend against Burnley via an Anna Morphet free kick; the first home league game of the season last night saw a 3-0 victory v Stourbridge, with goals from Anna Morphet, Tammi George and Amber Hughes.

In reality, it should have been a lot more but for an excellent evening from the Stourbridge keeper who kept the scoreline respectable.

Sophie Bramford has rejoined Wolves Women

Back