• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Worst player ever

I seem to remember Jackie Gallagher being pretty shite - looked the antithesis of an athlete.

I seem to remember Jackie Gallagher being pretty shite - looked the antithesis of an athlete.

He was shocking. Paul Blades and Simon Coleman are the two worst footballers I've seen. Mo Camara is technically the worst footballer I remember at the club but he was great for the fans and team.

Halford for his terrible attitude along with Roger Johnson and JOH but I think a combination of all of them has to be a Mark Atkins. I still don't know how he was a footballer. Absolute shite.

The one looking most completely out of his depth in my time (without attitude or lack of effort being to blame for it) surely must be Eggert. Poor lad looked completely lost.

He was shocking. Paul Blades and Simon Coleman are the two worst footballers I've seen. Mo Camara is technically the worst footballer I remember at the club but he was great for the fans and team.

Halford for his terrible attitude along with Roger Johnson and JOH but I think a combination of all of them has to be a Mark Atkins. I still don't know how he was a footballer. Absolute shite.

Mark Atkins did alright as a sweeper in a 532

As a midfielder he was awful, agreed. I think we sold David Kelly to pay for him

Jackie was a hero. In the days of only one sub, he was number 12 most weeks. "He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound, Gallagher, Gallagher. Not in the top 100 on this list

If I hadn't said that loan players shouldn't be considered then Bassong would be on this list as a candidate.

You could see the point when he thought 'sod this' & just gave up trying

Jackie was a hero. In the days of only one sub, he was number 12 most weeks. "He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound, Gallagher, Gallagher. Not in the top 100 on this list

No way Jackie "he's fat he's round he's worth a million pounds" Gallagher is anywhere fucking near this list.

No one who was not around in the 80' s could possibly make a call on the worst player ever to have played.

All they can say is he is the worst I have seen.
Trust me any of those mentioned since 1987 would have been the best player in the team of Ray Hankin et al

I do remember him being a bit of a cult hero - probably cos he looked like most blokes on the terraces.

As Frank isn't here any more. I'll say Alan Boswell for old times sake

Seconded . . . Certainly our worst keeper.

Otherwise surely one of our players in the mid-80s when we were rank; unfortunately with no internet/coverage back then I can’t really nominate one specific player.

International footballer Thomas Frankowski. No contest! 1.5 million when it was serious money yet he was complete wank. His first touch is further than I can kick a ball!

Oh come on, I've seen Tiswas and Jasper Carrot at Molineux but the worst had to be Terry Thomas (the fisherman not the cad actor) who use a massive fishing net in goal and couldn't stop goals going in !!! :)

I'd like to say Ferguson but I really can't. Paul Jones the winger. Ouch.

As I am still here, I nominate Alan Boswell.

Back