• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-player/manager you most despise

Him and Frank Nouble (inside six months of each other) were just incomprehensible. Anyone who had seen Nouble in any of his billion loan spells could have told the club he had the grace of a water buffalo and the skill of a bollard. Awful footballer.

Holt and Bent for instance, were obviously awful signings and that much was clear before they kicked a ball for us, but at least they were ok once. Frank Nouble was never even close to ok.
Nouble was a TC signing, which makes it even stranger. Seemingly all agreed before we appointed Stale.

I can understand Dean Edwards being on the list. Left and went to play for Exeter and won a dubious penalty against us in a fixture at Exeter. The penalty was missed, they may have got another one (it was about 1987 and its all a bit blurry now), Wolves had a man sent off but still managed to win 3-1 I think . Bull scored and I think that Rob Kelly was also on the scoresheet.

That was the day when Wolves fans had three stands in the ground. Exeter had two penalties, Ally Robertson was sent off, and Robert Kelly scored a wonder goal. 3 - 1 to Wolves and we all had a fine evening in Exeter.

Didn't Dean Edwards score the goal that knocked us out of the Sherpa Van in the regional final in '89 with able assistance from Roger Hansbury?

He may have done but I've tried to block that shock defeat from my memory. A trip to Wembley for the FA Vase final with Tamworth the same year almost compensated for Wolves not getting there.

That was the day when Wolves fans had three stands in the ground. Exeter had two penalties, Ally Robertson was sent off, and Robert Kelly scored a wonder goal. 3 - 1 to Wolves and we all had a fine evening in Exeter.

A fence next to the turnstiles accidentally fell down and there were plenty who took advantage of the free entry to the ground that was on offer. I thought that it was Ally who was sent off but couldnt be sure. It was an early kick off for a Bank Holiday Monday fixture and I was back home by the evening.

He may have done but I've tried to block that shock defeat from my memory. A trip to Wembley for the FA Vase final with Tamworth the same year almost compensated for Wolves not getting there.

A fence next to the turnstiles accidentally fell down and there were plenty who took advantage of the free entry to the ground that was on offer. I thought that it was Ally who was sent off but couldnt be sure. It was an early kick off for a Bank Holiday Monday fixture and I was back home by the evening.

We stayed the night in Exeter. We didnt intend to, but that is how it worked out.

Back