• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-player/manager you most despise

I don't hate many. Plenty of shit players who tried, they just weren't good enough. I can't hate them. And bizarrely, I don't hate Saunders. I just pity him. On my hate list:

Glenn Hoddle
Marlon Harewood
Greg Halford

'Players I Hated to See in a Wolves Shirt' would be a fuckload longer list than that.

Why would you hate Silas? He got scouted by Jones for ages (including while he was at Southampton) then only gave him a handful of starts.

I don't hate anybody but I thought Olofinjana was a crap footballer and I didn't like Rohan Ricketts. VLP is also slightly irritating. Ward and Karl Henry maybe on the fringes.

i don't really hate any ex-players or managers. I think Hoddle is an arrogant prick along with McGhee but they're just arseholes really.

As people in football go to do with Wolves I would be quite happy with the knowledge Willie McKay is dead in a ditch somewhere.

I don't hate many. Plenty of shit players who tried, they just weren't good enough. I can't hate them. And bizarrely, I don't hate Saunders. I just pity him. On my hate list:

Glenn Hoddle
Marlon Harewood
Greg Halford

'Players I Hated to See in a Wolves Shirt' would be a fuckload longer list than that.

Harewood only played a few games and wasn't he involved in the winner that saw us as good as promoted at Derby?

I don't hate anybody but I thought Olofinjana was a crap footballer and I didn't like Rohan Ricketts. VLP is also slightly irritating. Ward and Karl Henry maybe on the fringes.

How servants who did well for a reasonably long period such as Ward and Henry get on the fringes I'll never know.

In response to Johnson I just feel that in hindsight it was a poor decision to sign him considering how we set up was so much different to Blues.

1. SAUNDERS
2. SAUNDERS
3. SAUNDERS

Harewood only played a few games and wasn't he involved in the winner that saw us as good as promoted at Derby?

I hated his attitude - it should have been the easiest deal ever for him to win. There you go son - a team that are oozing confidence on the cusp of promotion to the Premier League. Just show a bit of effort and you'll probably earn a new deal for a top flight side next season. Easy opportunity for a decent set of fans to be won over with a bit of PL nous.

He couldn't care less. Wound me up something rotten - I really believe he could have been a decent, sensible signing for us if he applied himself. His whole attitude reminded me of one of those wankers who turns up to a party and thinks "this party is so lame. I'd much rather be with my mates at their better party. Fuck this shit."

Harewood at Blues is one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. Truly risible performance.

Harewood at Blues is one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. Truly risible performance.

Barnsley away is my 'favourite' Harewood memory. A party and he really didn't give a shit.

It was like you've a great party in full swing with the best playlist blaring out some awesome tunes that everyone loves, then some Billy No Mates cunt arrives on his own and sticks on Nickelback.

Weird thread. I didn't know any of the people mentioned personally so can't really get to a hate stage. I can name all the people I hate and it is a very short list.

There are a few I don't admire for their association with Wolves but that's about as far as it goes - Hoddle would be on that list and a handful of players who perhaps didn't give the club enough respect but nobody I would lose any sleep over.

Saunders is one that I feel got a raw deal and doesn't deserve the ire he gets. Granted, he is far from a competent manager but he didn't employ him at Wolves when we were in free fall and all sorts of a mess. There are many very good managers who would have struggled to turn around that disaster, Saunders was just.comically bad at trying to do so.

Anyone who puts Ward and Henry on a list has a very selective memory. Ward is not the greatest player to wear a Wolves shirt but this was a kid we plucked out of the League of Ireland as a forward and turned hum into an international left back who played in the Premier League. He was a real success story and one we should be proud of. He was probably at the club a little bit too long.

Weird thread. I didn't know any of the people mentioned personally so can't really get to a hate stage. I can name all the people I hate and it is a very short list.

There are a few I don't admire for their association with Wolves but that's about as far as it goes - Hoddle would be on that list and a handful of players who perhaps didn't give the club enough respect but nobody I would lose any sleep over.

Saunders is one that I feel got a raw deal and doesn't deserve the ire he gets. Granted, he is far from a competent manager but he didn't employ him at Wolves when we were in free fall and all sorts of a mess. There are many very good managers who would have struggled to turn around that disaster, Saunders was just.comically bad at trying to do so.

Anyone who puts Ward and Henry on a list has a very selective memory. Ward is not the greatest player to wear a Wolves shirt but this was a kid we plucked out of the League of Ireland as a forward and turned hum into an international left back who played in the Premier League. He was a real success story and one we should be proud of. He was probably at the club a little bit too long.

I am completely with you on Ward. He may not of been the most gifted player but he played wherever asked be it Forward in a 4-4-2, lone Forward, left midfield or left back he did what he could. I will remember him for the winner at Anfield and for all the effort he put in despite the bile aimed at him.

As far as I can see nobody has mentioned either Ward or Henry.

i don't really hate any ex-players or managers. I think Hoddle is an arrogant prick along with McGhee but they're just arseholes really.

As people in football go to do with Wolves I would be quite happy with the knowledge Willie McKay is dead in a ditch somewhere.

You just saved me a whole lot of typing, thank you Sir !

On the fringes, Trev but mentioned

HATE...DESPISE.....some of you need to take some chill pills

McGhee and Hoddle. A pair of arrogant twats and it is no surprise that after their spells at Wolves neither have had a managerial post anywhere close to the level of Wolves.

Hoddle
Saunders
Ricketts
Camara
O'Hara

Back