• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Your first Wolves game

Not sure on how long that run away at Boro was but it's probably the away game* I've been to the most and that's the only time I've seen us win there

My second ever game was home to Boro, we lost 2-1 and got "promoted" (well, the Premier league was created)

*I was lucky enough to see us lose at both Ayresome Park and the Riverside
I've seen us draw at Ayresome Park... 0-0...

Fucking showing my age but I'm pretty sure my Dad took me to Billy Wright's last game.

Carl Zeiss Jena 8th December 1971. 10 year old and went there on my own. I recall liking Everton before i went to that game. Been Wolves ever since. I went to all the rest of the UEFA home games that season. Juventus game i remembered the most as it was the first time i'd been squashed in a crowd which was 40k for that match.

It drives me nuts that I can't remember which was my first game, it was either Spurs or Everton, year would have been maybe 69 or 70.
Only things I remember, Alan Ball playing for Everton. One of the games Hughie Curran and Bobby Gould were up front.
I remember my lads first games much better.
Alan Ball played for Southampton in my first game in 1979. Though I can't remember a thing I like the fact that one of the England 66 boys was on the pitch!

Do you have a link? I don't remember that one
A truly awful game. The goal is Ikeme's fault, him and his stupid habit of trying to trap the ball with his shins for no reason.

If ever both teams deserved to lose then this was it. Saunders crowed about it afterwards like he'd masterminded a Champions League victory. So I never went under him again, the doss cunt.

Big fan of the Bristol player celebrating as if he has just popped a 20 yarder in and then his teammates joined in!

A truly awful game. The goal is Ikeme's fault, him and his stupid habit of trying to trap the ball with his shins for no reason.

If ever both teams deserved to lose then this was it. Saunders crowed about it afterwards like he'd masterminded a Champions League victory. So I never went under him again, the doss cunt.
One of only a handful of games where Sigurdarsson looked like the hype.

Wolves 1-0 Scunthorpe 28th March 1987

Steve Bull far post header. Think it was a diving header. 7000 there. I'd never seen so many people in one place before and the noise when we scored was insane. Got a genuine shiver down my spine when I walked up the John Ireland steps and saw the huge pitch for the first time. A life changing experience!

I think mine was an evening match in October, I think v Arsenal.
I certainly remember walking around the corner before going down to the underpass then seeing the floodlights and I stopped to take it in...
then couldn't believe walking up to the back of the south bank stand, a patchwork of corrugated sheets about as big as a house, massively unimpressed...
Until I got in and stood there in amazement at the gorgeous emerald green pitch lit by the floodlights, stunned by it all!
Probably around 1967 ish.
This was my first visit to Molineux.
My first game was just before my 10th birthday in May 1960. Cup final v Blackburn. FA Cup final on TV .

My first Wolves game was actually an away game!

Sunderland 1 - 1 Wolves on 11 November 1989. Andy Mutch scored the Wolves goal. I was in the home end with my Dad and I think I probably cheered when we scored :ROFLMAO: I don't remember much else about the match apart from travelling to the game in my Grandad's car with my Dad and my cousins (all Sunderland fans), they had their Sunderland scarf hanging out of one window and I had a Wolves scarf hanging out the other window.

My first home game was the return fixture on 28 April 1990. We lost 1-0.

I used to have all the programmes from my early games but have sadly lost them now :( My memory is shot to pieces so I can't really remember many of the games I went to which is annoying. I do remember that I really wanted to see Bully score but I had to wait ages for it to happen. It wasn't until we beat Sheff Wed 3-2 on 30 March 1991 that I saw my first Bully goals (he scored two). It was a cracking match.

Exeter City at home in the League Cup (November 1973). Part of me always thinks it was Bristol Rovers the year before but now I'm fairly certain...a couple of players I remember playing weren't at the club the year before.

Sat in the old Molineux Street stand when that part of the ground was actually close to the pitch and loved it - hooked - matches under floodlights [with the steam coming off the burger vans outside] have always been special to me as night games in the 70's was when my Dad could take me. It was also brilliant being the only one at school who was tired the next day because I'd been to the football the night before.

Since the early 80's when I was old enough to go regardless of whether my Dad was going or not I've hardly missed a game. I still love the whole thing, even if the 90 minutes in the middle has been 'difficult' at times.

Not sure on how long that run away at Boro was but it's probably the away game* I've been to the most and that's the only time I've seen us win there

My second ever game was home to Boro, we lost 2-1 and got "promoted" (well, the Premier league was created)

*I was lucky enough to see us lose at both Ayresome Park and the Riverside
First game was 1984 v Palace. Won 2-1, Mel Eves scored, grandad took me while on holiday on Parkfield Road.

Growing up on Teesside god must have particularly had it in for me too. Outrageous that the worst away record in the country between any clubs would be that one.

I've watched both a few times. I think Ikemes is worse, albeit marginally, purely because the pitch is so much better.

Doherty at Leicester was an absolute joke OG. What are you doing you beardy clown. Absolutely buries it from a fair distance out.

No excuse at all for it.

Stancliffe's is bad, really bad. But nowhere near as bad as I remember it on the day.

My dad bought "golden goal" tickets that day (remember that?) for the first time.

He didn't again.

My first Wolves game was actually an away game!

Sunderland 1 - 1 Wolves on 11 November 1989. Andy Mutch scored the Wolves goal. I was in the home end with my Dad and I think I probably cheered when we scored :ROFLMAO: I don't remember much else about the match apart from travelling to the game in my Grandad's car with my Dad and my cousins (all Sunderland fans), they had their Sunderland scarf hanging out of one window and I had a Wolves scarf hanging out the other window.

My first home game was the return fixture on 28 April 1990. We lost 1-0.

I used to have all the programmes from my early games but have sadly lost them now :( My memory is shot to pieces so I can't really remember many of the games I went to which is annoying. I do remember that I really wanted to see Bully score but I had to wait ages for it to happen. It wasn't until we beat Sheff Wed 3-2 on 30 March 1991 that I saw my first Bully goals (he scored two). It was a cracking match.

31 minutes.

Back