• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

Just read that article on Zenga, for some reason I have already taken to him and that article only strengthens that feeling. The fact he is so brave and willing to play entertaining attacking football puts him streets ahead of the terrified afraid to lose KJ style managers. I really hope he does well here and I like his John Kavanagh style philosophy, time will tell but even if we don't do that well I am sure there will be some goals along the way.

Says it for me as well squire.

Walter is certainly going some way to erasing the doubts I had about him.

Impressed so far. Keep it up!

Same here. I'll gladly eat my hat when (not if) he proves me wrong.

The CV was hugely erratic for sure. However, Walter appears to have found a place he loves and more importantly he will be revered and loved if this keeps up. We might just be the perfect fit for him.

It's certainly been an impressive start for Walter. I didn't expect the fans to take to him quite this quickly but he's fast achieving cult status going by those amazing videos at the end of the game at St Andrews!

You know what? It could well be that our new owners actually know exactly what they're doing. I don't want to heap too much expectation on Zenga too quickly, the squad is still far from being 'settled' or even 'ready' - we'll see more players arriving by the end of the month and hopefully we can settle into the season with a decent points tally by the time everyone is bedded in and we're up to speed.

Can't argue with 8 points from 4 games though.

Having lived through so many false dawn's I am still reserving judgement, although Walter is making all of the right noises. He has a significant advantage over some of his predecessors, lets see if he can turn that into significant success

Walter has already won the fans over, and seems to have last seasons players playing with more belief in themselves. Though I suppose the test will come when we lose our first game under him. How will he and the players respond to that?

Was there not a story around the time of Italia90 that Madonna had the hots for Walter? Fairly certain she never felt the same way about Kenny Jackett...

Was there not a story around the time of Italia90 that Madonna had the hots for Walter? Fairly certain she never felt the same way about Kenny Jackett...
Surprised it's not been made into a chant yet.

"I saw something in the last game that was close to nice - we play on the grass, one-touch, no long ball, try to play football," he added "This is the way".

Back