• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

One good thing came from Solbakken at Wolves though:

This forum got me. :xmasprez: :icon_mrgreen:

What a bunch of tossers asking the questions! Moxey's face at that first question was a picture. I'd love to make that into a gif!

Ask and you shall receive! Kinda.

I don't know how to make the gif bigger or zoom in on Moxey's face, etc. You can go full screen by right-clicking, selecting "Show controls" and then maximising.

http://imgur.com/dPb66LS

What was the question asked?

Think it was something about him being the manager for the 16/17 season and whether he'll actually see the season out.

Literally the first question too.

Along the lines of 'If you're still here at the end of the 2016/17 season, that'll be pretty good for you, won't it?'

I thought Zenga came across pretty well.
He's pragmatic.
He's highlighted his experience. He'll have seen a lot, as both a player and a manager/coach. Difficult to phase him. I'd suspect he'll also be decent at managing ego's.
I get the impression he takes no shit. However, he will also back the players totally.
Although he's bringing in his own team, he's retaining a lot of the infrastructure - like Rob Edwards and academy training staff and so on. There's a bridge there between the old regime and the new regime.
He straight batted a few stupid/pointless questions (like can I throw some names at you..)

The proof however, will be in the pudding. Be very interesting to see how he starts the season, and how we as a team adapt to his style.

Wolves have used Instone a couple of times this pre-season to do articles. Great move by the club.

I can't stand Robinson. Hope they drop to league 2 and get thumped twice by Wimbledon this season.

He's a proper whiny bitch isn't he? I disagree with him about the strength of British coaches, I think those at professional level lack the ability to think clearly or put forward a plan of action/ set of ideas that would benefit a certain style or philosophy. British coaches (broad brush strokes I know) tend to be identikit clones of FA thinking and revert back to conservative ideas they had when they were players. We need thinkers and doers with ability to think freely not within a construct the FA deem acceptable. I would also advocate this nonsense that we need ex-players as coaches and managers needs to stop.

I can't see us generating a Bielsa or Pocchetino any time soon which is a shame.

As an aside I was listening to Talkshite last week and H&J had Richard Keys on. What a clueless buffoon this man really is, proclaiming ex-players should ONLY be coaches at professional level and England missed out on not giving the job to Glenda. The fucking idiot of all idiots.

WTF! He doesn't even mention Zenga or Jackett!

WTF! He doesn't even mention Zenga or Jackett!

Let's not be fair, reasonable or give him the benefit of the doubt please. I don't like him. And it's nothing to do with his resemblance to James Corden. That's just an unfortunate coincidence.

You have to assumed he was asked about Zenga within the question.

Either way, I don't like him. Or the fact he has this inflated reputation for shit football.

You have to assumed he was asked about Zenga within the question.

Either way, I don't like him. Or the fact he has this inflated reputation for shit football.

The Michael Calvin book I read gives the impression of him being an excellent man manager, very good with young players and a caring boss. All well and good Michael, but he's also a whiney hypocrite with fuck all respect and the grace of a pubic louse.

The Michael Calvin book I read gives the impression of him being an excellent man manager, very good with young players and a caring boss. All well and good Michael, but he's also a whiney hypocrite with $#@! all respect and the grace of a pubic louse.

To summarise he's a c**t

Yes but that book paints Aidy Boothroyd in very positive light too Ian!!

Back