• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

They've collectively done a shit job over two press conferences. Am I also right in saying that not a single one of them said 'Welcome to Wolves Jeff/Walter' at any time?

Who was the guy asking the questions at the start? I recognise his voice from somewhere.

Yep, pretty poor all round from him. I thought it was poor taste to thank Kenny Jackett and Joe Gallen in front of the new man, it looked like a thinly veiled dig at Jeff Shi and made Moxey look every bit the classless tool he is. Zenga to his credit took it well and nodded his head sagely.
I know you hate Moxey but I think this is rather unfair. He was absolutely right to thank Jackett publicly - it was the respectful thing to do, and as it was during his tenure it should be Moxey saying so. The Zenga appointment is down to Fosun so it's Shi's question to answer. No digs present at all for me.

Though he did look a bit bored when asked about Zenga, very much going through the motions knowing he's off soon.

I hope that's the last time we see Moxey at a Wolves press conference to be honest because (and this isn't directed at you mate - it's a general thing) I find the attention his mere presence generates to be quite irritating.

I liked the way he handled the press conference. And why ask if he knew who Bully was? Very strange question.

Yeah that was also a waste of a question. I can't believe they had 20 minutes to get some decent quotes and info about him and that was the best they could come up with.

I was half expecting them to ask Zenga who his favourite Spice Girl was.

It's the same list of questions asked at any new manager press conference. No thought goes into most of them.

Suprised no-one asked him what his tattoos say.

I liked the way he handled the press conference. And why ask if he knew who Bully was? Very strange question.

Trying to get an angle on his "knowledge"

Have to say, that was a dreadful and negative press conference. Every member of the Media in there need to have a look at how they work.

Just seen Central News coverage and the Sports guy doing a voice over as Walter is signing autographs "But how long will he last? As Kenny Jackett found out, at this new Wolves it won't be long"

I'm liking Walter a lot,think his after match interviews aren't going to be dull and full of meaningless sound bites,there's definite passion there,as other people on here have said,it's not going to be dull is it? Buckle up boys it's going to be a fantastic rollercoaster of a season I reckon

They used that exact line in Central News too. Embarrassing.

Urgh.

I want this guy to succeed so badly, so many people just waiting for him to fail.

Zenga did give one of the cretins a filthy look that made me chuckle.

I thought he came across pretty well considering the shit he had to answer. I really hope he does well here.

Urgh.

I want this guy to succeed so badly, so many people just waiting for him to fail.

Yeah this, i hope we are right up there which would exceed my expectations. It would shut all the idiots up.

Darragh MacAnthony - Peterborough Chairman in case you were wondering & saying 'who!!' - thinks we were wrong to sack Jackett

Though what the feck its got to do with him is beyond me

Darragh MacAnthony - Peterborough Chairman in case you were wondering & saying 'who!!' - thinks we were wrong to sack Jackett

Though what the feck its got to do with him is beyond me

He will be requiring a new manager soon, so sending out good vibes to the KJ

That'll be Darragh MacAnthony who has had permanent managers in charge of Peterborough who've lasted 34, 12, 14, 33, 20 and 34 games while he's been chairman. And employed Darren Ferguson twice. I don't think he's an expert on what makes a good manager.

Just watched the press conference and I was squirming at some of the questions thrown at him but thought he handled it superbly given that he is speaking in a foreign language and was being made to feel a bit uncomfortable. I liked the bit where he was asked 'Why Wolves' and he replied 'Why not' and the silly question about Bully where he showed that he knows who Bully is before asking what the point of such questioning was and it was like being on a tv quiz!

I think the Wolves fans will take to him, he is something different to what we've had before but we have to show him some patience.

I like Jeff Shi too. I agree that Moxey should be put on gardening leave now and when asked what had changed regarding Jackett he quite pointedly remarked that someone else should answer the question.

Benvenuto Walter, Wolves Are We!

I like what i've seen today. He looks up for the fight and ready to prove the media and pundits wrong....I really really hope he succeeds.

I think his comment re Wolves in Italy was calculated too....He knew the stir it would create...No one is talking about our inadequacies in the squad anymore but more of how much of a nut job Zenga is. Pressure off players for Saturday?!?

Back