• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

What a bunch of tossers asking the questions! Moxey's face at that first question was a picture. I'd love to make that into a gif!

I liked the bit where he was asked 'Why Wolves' and he replied 'Why not' and the silly question about Bully where he showed that he knows who Bully is before asking what the point of such questioning was and it was like being on a tv quiz!!
I'd put good money on someone suggesting to Walter over the past couple of days to have a read up on Bully as some dope is bound to ask you a question about him.

What a bunch of tossers asking the questions! Moxey's face at that first question was a picture. I'd love to make that into a gif!

what was the first question - the sound quality (of the questioners) for me was inaudible

Walter has only signed a 1 year deal !!!

So maybe he is only a stop gap appointment

Walter has only signed a 1 year deal !!!

So maybe he is only a stop gap appointment

2 years...We have the option to take year 2. Same as Jackett having a 1 year rolling contract. What should we of done? Given him a 5 year deal?

2 years...We have the option to take year 2. Same as Jackett having a 1 year rolling contract. What should we of done? Given him a 5 year deal?
1 year with the option to extend is really smart imo, if he does well he'll get more. Incentive.

I like this guy, i may be wrong, but i am nailing my flag to his pole (fnarr)

The more I see of Zenga the more parallels there are between him and Ståle. Cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, they both have bald heads and are from the continent.
Both speak well, seem cool under pressure but with a firey side, bringing in multiple foreign players, seemingly left field appointments.

Well let's hope it doesn't go the same way.

We don't have a core of senior players who'll down tools is one key difference.

1) The squad isn't big enough to have a core
2) None of them have ever achieved anything so can't have an ego problem
3) Most of them are going to get replaced anyway

same here haha

I mean I think I've made clear that Solbakken was not at fault here so the comparison is not meant as a negative.

I mean I think I've made clear that Solbakken was not at fault here so the comparison is not meant as a negative.
Ofcourse Solbakken was at fault. Not entirely his fault but partly for sure.

He probably does not worry about that these days, back in his safe zone and successful again. :)

Solbakken got tons of stuff wrong. Playing a high line with a centre half partnership of Johnson and Berra for a kick off.

He had good tactics and ideas, but didn't have the tools to make them work, or the sense to try a different plan when it was all going wrong.

Saint Stale got a whole lot wrong, team selection, formation and failing to take the rump of the squad he needed to with him being the most obvious. The art of management is to inspire and persuade those in your employment to follow and support you. He didn't on a spectacular level. Ward, Henry etc would have followed a manager who made them feel inclusive and made them believe in him. Stale didn't and couldn't. I have to admit at the time I was more sympathetic, now on reflection I think the will to see him succeed clouded the view of what he was actually doing. He was however treated extremely poorly by Morgan with both the Luton debacle and the fuckwit who was brought in to replace him.

Back