• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

700k Profit in Accounts for YE May 2015

Penk Wolf

100% | Moderator
Reaction score
From the limited information we have there will be £15.6m of income missing out of it for next season.

When's the open top bus parade?

Incidentally, I heard today from a senior official at a football league club that Jez is "going to work in America pretty soon" claiming he'd heard it directly from him.

The Moxey to the States rumour has been around for a few years.

probably because his wife is American/Canadian

He was very close to moving to an American basketball team about 4 years ago.

Duece-1000x500.jpg

I would love to see the cash flow forecast and salary budget for next season which I suspect will need to be 4-5 million lower if they are to break even given the £3M solidarity payment. Can't see Morgan subsidising it and I doubt they'll downsize the academy. Looks like any surplus from Afobe will be used as a subsidy. We're back to the Colin Lee days.

Morgan sort of has to subsidise some of it should he not sell up, but he won't be subsidising all of it for sure. The budget is going to be a lot smaller next season.

Morgan sort of has to subsidise some of it should he not sell up, but he won't be subsidising all of it for sure. The budget is going to be a lot smaller next season.

You'll still get some who think there is millions stashed away somewhere. He knows his commitment has suddenly taken on new dimensions and to repeat what he did under McCarthy means the stakes and risks are higher. If you want another SEB you're looking at £8-9M. I quite like the idea of an academy driven team but I am less than convinced that they can deliver this.

I agree with all of that. He has two choices. Let it ride to mediocrity and hope the buyer appears, or go all Steve Gibson and spend a fortune suddenly to try and sell from a position of absolute strength at the top of the table when the pot of gold looks easily attainable for the buyer.

He won't choose option two.

You'll still get some who think there is millions stashed away somewhere. He knows his commitment has suddenly taken on new dimensions and to repeat what he did under McCarthy means the stakes and risks are higher. If you want another SEB you're looking at £8-9M. I quite like the idea of an academy driven team but I am less than convinced that they can deliver this.

As said on another thread, reduced income makes it more likely that as they break through & prove themselves they are more likely to receive interest from elsewhere.

As we will be in a less favourable financial position are likely to be less able to resist bids

As said on another thread, reduced income makes it more likely that as they break through & prove themselves they are more likely to receive interest from elsewhere.

As we will be in a less favourable financial position are likely to be less able to resist bids
Doesn't matter if you can keep churning them out.

I think there were pointers in that Parliament meeting but maybe just maybe the Afobe statements are alluding that they cannot keep players who are offered wages we cannot afford to pay. Strange way of relating that to us but I think it was lost in the translation. They shot themselves in the foot. Unfortunately the players and their agents hold the cards so why don't they just say that? We all know if the vultures come sniffing Iorfa will be off. It's a problem for all clubs in our league now unless you gamble like Boro.

Well a lot of you know where I stand. But what I want is honesty from the club. Don't bullshit me with dross. If you want to invest in a youth policy do it but tell me you're doing it and why. Manage my expectation's and I will react accordingly.

I'm with you cyber dude. If that is the way, then tell us, let us buy into it. Don't lie.

Well a lot of you know where I stand. But what I want is honesty from the club. Don't bull$#@! me with dross. If you want to invest in a youth policy do it but tell me you're doing it and why. Manage my expectation's and I will react accordingly.

i don't see that the club's "strategy" has been any more than reactive to the circumstances that its owner puts it in. and it's been like that for as long as i can remember. 'young and hungry', described by some as "cheap and cheerful", was thrown out as a soundbite because SJH said he wouldn't put more money in and the club needed to be self sufficient. it fell away pretty much as soon as Mick came in.

there's a big difference between running the club based reactively on circumstance rather than following a strategy that the club itself actually believes will achieve success.

and in any case what should a youth strategy at wolves intend to achieve? has the club set a measure? you could say crewe and barcelona have both run successful youth policies.

When the accounts are out, I reckon cash flow will be down by about £6m last season.

This season I guess cash position will stay pretty static with the parachute money and the sale of Afobe.

Next season, if Morgan doesn't put money in and we don't find a new buyer, they'll need to find about £10m from somewhere.

What is our likely income and expenditure next season and how does that compare to Birmingham City who seem competitive within the Championship.

When the accounts are out, I reckon cash flow will be down by about £6m last season.

This season I guess cash position will stay pretty static with the parachute money and the sale of Afobe.

Next season, if Morgan doesn't put money in and we don't find a new buyer, they'll need to find about £10m from somewhere.

I would think they would need to get the wage bill down to about £15M next season (Maximum) which in itself is a reduction of over half in two seasons.

I imagine transfer fees will take a big hit.

Over £6m of outgoings in that respect this season I think? Knock that back by going for free transfers and bargain basement players, like Mick's first season, and you've made a big saving already.

Back