• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: The Verdict

We all did, and I respect him, but I refuse to encourage him :)

Also, him and Ruben aren’t especially similar. It’s encouraging that we have someone who also offers something different and dynamic in Morgan but people need their heads check if they want him starting ahead of either just yet!

Errrr

MGM is a film studio. Perhaps we should play the lion.

Assuming you mean MGW, which of course you do, then I think your sentiments are pretty much bang on, but I think it is likely to be a bit of a slowly developing situation. He is a fantastic sub at the moment though, and his contribution is hugely valuable to the team.

Quite right, Paddy. I should have been more careful. However, when you get to my age, the odd mistake is always a moment away. See what you have to look forward to. If I take Youngwolf's advice, I'll be having my head assessment done soon too! It's amazing I can still understand the game, having been a Wolves supporter since 1953.

I’d better not give my opinion as I wasn’t born until 42 years after that so I will bow to your superiority :)

I’d better not give my opinion as I wasn’t born until 42 years after that so I will bow to your superiority :)

There's a difference between an opinion and telling people they need their heads reading for having the opposite opinion to you.

I agree with you that Moutinho can't be dropped right now but it's good to see MGW pushing him hard and being adept at stepping in when we need a bit more dynamism and forward momentum.

I mean it clearly wasn’t meant in a nasty tone nor aimed at any individual but hey ho

MGW should remain an impact sub for the moment, then gradually increase his time on the pitch if he continues to perform. He has said himself how well he is developing with the likes of Neves and Moutinho to guide him lets do things slowly and not expect too much too soon. The way he came on and started pinging the ball around against Arsenal was very impressive especially as our passing was generally poor at that time due to the pressing from the home side.

He and Vinny are going to be stars and I think we are very lucky to have both of them.

Only joking mate. People are excited by MGW so I can understand why there's a call for him to play. Equally the Moutinho of the last month or so hasn't been at the same level as the first couple of months so he'd be the obvious player he replaces. I'd not be doing it yet, but another month with the same dynamics and I would.

Someone said earlier that Neves hasn't been at the same level as last year, questioning whether it is because he's playing alongside Moutinho. I disagree with this, it's more about being expected to play a different role without having Saiss in the side. Offensively, he's not as effective but defensively he's been much better, reading opposition runs and sniffing out danger. Last year his only answer to this was to pick up a cheap yellow, he's much improved in this area of his game.Whether it's Moutinho or MGW alongside him, he'll still have to do that job, so I think that's a red herring.

Some bloke on Twitter was telling me MGW should be in the England squad. He wasn’t a Wolves fan and was basing his opinion on 10 minutes of highlights after the Spurs game on MOTD.

Social media and the internet has unfortunately put an end to the word ‘patience’.

annoying chelsea fan at work: ayyy so uh, you guys bossed arsenal at the weekend huh? well you just sat back playing defense I guess, but got a draw. you guys got lucky, huh?

I don't mind banter but at least don't come at me with completely nonsensical crap. :jack:

annoying chelsea fan at work: ayyy so uh, you guys bossed arsenal at the weekend huh? well you just sat back playing defense I guess, but got a draw. you guys got lucky, huh?

I don't mind banter but at least don't come at me with completely nonsensical crap. :jack:

Expecting 'a lot' of 'fans' of other top 6 sides to have any understanding of other lesser/inconsequential teams is asking for too much of their intelligence

Just tell him to do some homework before trying again...or maybe he's just really desperate for a friend but really shite at banter.

Just tell him to do some homework before trying again...or maybe he's just really desperate for a friend but really $#@!e at banter.

or better still lets be the team that ends their unbeaten start to the season in a few weeks #realbantz

Ask him to read the matchday thread and he'll get your nonsensical crap right then.

or better still lets be the team that ends their unbeaten start to the season in a few weeks #realbantz

I've had it marked on my work calendar since he was hired and first said something. I really need a good performance that day.

Back