• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: The Verdict

Could RP been a little more switched on too? Need to see again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was just a cross, imo. Rui is covering the centre, expecting someone to get on the end of it; by the time no one does, it's too late. Even Mkhitaryan looked sheepish. Fair result today, but we deserved far more from these last 4 games

Don't think so. Ball into that area with that trajectory just kills a keeper.
Have to disagree here. You can't just let an inswinging cross go in at the far post because you think it might get a touch from someone. He started to come then stopped, which has cost us the goal. If he dives for it and one of their players gets a touch first and scores then so be it. You've got to go for the save.

Brilliant first half, pretty poor 2nd with the ball but fantastic off it. Moutinho just for a moment lapsing in concentration giving them far too much time to whip a decent ball in, I though he was poor today to be honest.

Other than that some really good signs, Costa was tearing it up his side and Cav & Raul also having some really good moments. Also a mention for Coady who at times saved us and restored calm, really continuing his development.

MOTM - Costa really starting to do damage with his runs again just need a few goals from him now.

As for the criticism of Doc I actually thought he played well today and despite a nasty cut just on the eyelid he carried on and battled to the end, various others including Neves and Moutinho worse than him today.

MGW was epic again when he came on, he needs to start a game soon.

Agreed on the goal no blame on Rui for that whatsoever its just one of those horrible deep crosses that appears a touch is coming then it doesn't. Literally seconds before he saved us with a point blank smothering save, I really felt for him when the goal went in.

Jonny was absolutely superb today btw. Such a good player. We should throw whatever it takes at Atleti to get him permanently next summer.

Pretty much as every one said. Held a was fantastic
Some of our passing second half was very sloppy.

Really impressed with them all.
Moutinhio, and Neves with their worst performance of the season.
Neves needs a shot to go in

A lot of people saying we were sloppy second half, but is this down to the effort expended first half/tiredness combined with a very good side coming on strong? Also seeing again the call for a 'finisher' but maybe I'm a bit dim in thinking changing the personnel up front would have a negative impact on the chances we create.
Anyway, its a fantastic result especially as we matched them and I think had more shots on target.

Disappointed which tells me everything about this Wolves but would have taken this result before the game. At least its not 4 defeats going into the international break.

As for MGW's effort, magnificent and what a winner that would have been!!

Well done boys!

When MGW's effort hit the bar, I put my wine down and fell in a heap of misery on the floor.....glad the missus was in the kitchen and especially glad my 4 year old granddaughter had left as she would have told me to stop being a drama queen

A lot of people saying we were sloppy second half, but is this down to the effort expended first half/tiredness combined with a very good side coming on strong? Also seeing again the call for a 'finisher' but maybe I'm a bit dim in thinking changing the personnel up front would have a negative impact on the chances we create.
Anyway, its a fantastic result especially as we matched them and I think had more shots on target.
Agree that it's not about having a finisher, it is however about not taking our chances / making the most of good situations and there are multiple players responsible for that. It's happening week in, week out and it's hurting us. Costa, Jota and Traore should all have scored the second and we had a number of other good positions where the final ball was poor. Before the game I'd have been delighted with a point, however having watched it I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

Jonny has dropped his performance level since his International appearance, but today he was my MOTM.

Neves and Moutinho bad today ? Get the fuck out of here. Thought there work rate and help in front of the back three in the second half was brilliant. Costa easily man of the match, electric and at times untouchable.

Also want to mention our mental toughness and belief, after conceding a jammy goal when we'd played so well, would've been easy for our heads to drop, but we actually went straight back at em and created a number of very good chances to snatch it back

Great idea from Nuno to bring Traore on as a CF, he scared the shit out of Holding and helped push arsenal back a bit. We should have had at least one goal out fo his or MGW's chance

Also want to mention our mental toughness and belief, after conceding a jammy goal when we'd played so well, would've been easy for our heads to drop, but we actually went straight back at em and created a number of very good chances to snatch it back

Have to agree with this. After their equaliser we were really positive and could easily have grabbed a winner. Tough to do in those circumstances but shows great character.

Great idea from Nuno to bring Traore on as a CF, he scared the shit out of Holding and helped push arsenal back a bit. We should have had at least one goal out fo his or MGW's chance

Yes, his best outing since Burnley nearly two months ago. Should have scored, mind...

Yes, his best outing since Burnley nearly two months ago. Should have scored, mind...
That's something you could say about all our IFs multiple times each game though tbf.

I thought he was ok last week too, today's role seemed to suit him very well.

He only played six minutes last week :icon_lol:

Yes, it's not a criticism that's exclusive to him.

Definitely a good idea to leave Traore high up the pitch when the opposition are pushing forward, unfortunately we’re still looking for that killer instinct to finish games off. It’ll happen though.

Back