• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Gotta agree with Wop. If it was a lesser liked player from the squad he’d be getting absolutely obliterated on here.

If he’s refused to play, it’s bang out of order from Jonny & I don’t know why anyone wants to dress it up otherwise.

Gotta agree with Wop. If it was a lesser liked player from the squad he’d be getting absolutely obliterated on here.

If he’s refused to play, it’s bang out of order from Jonny & I don’t know why anyone wants to dress it up otherwise.
How can he be refusing to play? He's not getting picked, not getting any minutes, even at the end of games. He got passed over for really fat, unfit, crap Doc. With hindsight he should have gone in the Summer.

When Matheus acted like a fool to get his move, GO didn't throw him under the bus but he didn't hide the behavior that had gone on.

We have no idea what the deal is with Jonny aside from the fact that Gary doesn't want to air the laundry publicly. That could be for any number of reasons, many of which are not "Jonny's on strike".

How can he be refusing to play? He's not getting picked, not getting any minutes, even at the end of games. He got passed over for really fat, unfit, crap Doc. With hindsight he should have gone in the Summer.
Refused to play/refused to be part of the squad - however you want to phrase it, it’s shit.

Refused to play/refused to be part of the squad - however you want to phrase it, it’s shit.
Unless I've missed a part of GO's quote, we don't actually know that this is the case.

Unless I've missed a part of GO's quote, we don't actually know that this is the case.
It doesn’t matter what GON said or says, does it? You (and others) have already made your mind up because you like the player. You literally said “if he’s collecting a check and kicking his feet up, he's earned it” a page ago, which is complete nonsense IMO, but we’ll agree to disagree (😘)

Either way, I’m pleased GON handled it respectfully when he was pressed.

I don't care if it's true, but that doesn't change that we don't know what that (the truth) is.

We signed him to a contract, he's every right to see it out here.

Is anyone going to talk about the game?:)
We got shellacked for 20 minutes, spent the next 40 minutes recovering after which we went from an ineffective 5-3-2 to an effective 3-4-3 with Hwang -Cunha - Sarabia front 3 which looked much better than Hwang being shite as a central striker. We scored with 5 minutes to go.

Doyle, Traore and Doc were largely shite and used more energy flapping their arms than actually playing football.

Toti Gomes is getting better game by game and is looking a decent player.

Sa got injured, Sasa got misused for 5 minutes and Fabio's Wolves career is deader than a hermits sexlife.

That ok for you?

PS: Bear indulged in casual racism by comparing Toti Gomes to Lemina in the matchday thread.

Is anyone going to talk about the game?:)
Spent the first half chasing shadows, Arsenal are (obvious statement of 2023) miles above us in terms of quality. Their movement is very good and ball movement is exceptional.

Second half they were a bit overly relaxed and we managed to have a bit of the ball, with a nice goal from Cunha.

Felt arsenal could have stepped up if they were really threatened with losing the game.

Traore and Doyle showed why they aren't starters - totally anonymous for most of the game.

I didn't see the game , I enjoy reading peoples opinions, regardless of how condescending and patronising their posts normally are
We played okay and fought hard, but only produced a couple of moments of real quality. Arsenal produced half a dozen quality moments before we even registered that kickoff had happened.

From probably 30’ on things were relatively even, albeit with Arsenal still clearly the better side. We picked our moments to press more effectively and could well have had a draw if Hwang had taken better advantage of a couple of promising situations.

Didn’t come out of the traps again and got punished for it. Bueno has really struggled against Saka twice now and we need RAN back asap. We were far too passive all game to be honest and while Arsenal play some great if you don’t do basics of tracking runs and just working hard which should be a given then you’re going to struggle. Although the second half was better the best part of the game was the continuous Wolverhampton Wanderers chant for what had to be 10-15 mins after half time.

The use of the ball from the whole team was poor but it starts from deep, Sa and the back 5 all too slow or sloppy passing out. We need to look at improving that asap as it really hurts our ability to build up attacks.

Great strike from Cunha and we could have got something from a game that we never looked like we were going to. Big 2 games coming up now at home where we could really do with quick starts.

Back