• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) build up (15/10/16)

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
A win here on Sky would be fucking fantastic but we need to be wary of Villa, they've got quality up front and will be up for this one to impress whoever their new manager is. I'd take a point now.

Ikeme

Silvio Iorfa Batth Borthwick-Jackson

Teixeira Saiss Oniangue

Costa Bodvarsson Cavaleiro​

SUBS: Lonergan, Doherty, Stearman, Coady, Edwards, Dicko, John

Good team, but I'd change it slightly:

Ikeme

Silvio Iorfa Batth Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss Coady

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson

SUBS: Lonergan, Doherty, Stearman, Prince, Edwards, Dicko, John

Think we need a bit more security at the back.

I would be happy with that team (aren't they the same?).

I think we'll see Edwards and Doherty in for Silvio and Tex though.

Silvio and Dicko are playing tonight so I think both will be fit for the Villa game. I'd definitely like to see Silvio starting this one.

I think Silvio & CBJ as full backs should see us retain the ball far better and give our front 3/4 more of a chance to express themselves.

Ikeme

Silvio Iorfa Batth Doherty

Saiss Edwards

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson

SUBS: Lonergan, Coady, Stearman, Prince, CBJ, Dicko, John

If Dicko starts against Villa does Bodvarsson play alongside him or could Bodvarsson play as a ten behind the lone striker Dicko.

If Dicko starts against Villa does Bodvarsson play alongside him or could Bodvarsson play as a ten behind the lone striker Dicko.

It'll be 4-3-3. If they both start Bod will be #9 and Nouha will play as one of the wide forwards.

I think we need a rethink of the tactics for home games but probably worth persisting this time with the shape with the plan to catch Villa on the break. Their back four is pretty cumbersome so hopefully we can exploit that.

Batth won't get dropped even if he has been at fault for a goal in each of the last two games.

-----------------------------Ikeme------------------------

Silvio-------------Batth--------------Iorfa-----------Borthwick-Jackson

-----------------------------Saiss---------------------------

------------------Coady------------Edwards----------------------

-------------Costa--------Bodvarsson-------Cavaleiro---------------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Stearman, Oniangue, Price, Teixeira, Dicko

2011/12: L 2-3 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2010/11: L 1-2 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 1-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2003/4: L 0-4 (H), L 2-3 (A)
1996/7: L 0-1 (A, LC)

Would really like to see some of the big name players step up in a big stadium on sky tbh. Looking forward to my first sight of Cavaleiro (if he plays).
Can't help wonder if someone like Saiss may be rested owing to his travelling? Isn't he only 1 yellow away from a suspension too?

Would really like to see some of the big name players step up in a big stadium on sky tbh. Looking forward to my first sight of Cavaleiro (if he plays).
Can't help wonder if someone like Saiss may be rested owing to his travelling? Isn't he only 1 yellow away from a suspension too?
Molineux is big...In fact its mossive.

Back