• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Nothing to do with me being “woke”. I think it’s ridiculous!

The industry has completely changed in the last 6-8 years, let alone 15 or so. There are DEI rules producers are adhering to and a lot of fear in the industry about making mistakes.

Langers is somewhat right in that McDonagh (writer/director of In Bruges) is now an established name so would probably be able to write something similar with limited pushback, but is missing the pertinent context that McDonagh wasn’t particularly an established name when that was made, so would be met with extreme resistance on the basis of the Politically incorrect language if he were a new writer.

Established names tend to get away with it. Newer names, far less so.

I’m confident that Film Four wouldn’t invest and help a new writer delivering a script like that to them in 2024. I’d genuinely put the chances at basically zero.

There are signs that things are changing again though. It’s a pendulum effect.

Anyway, this is far too heavy a debate for a Wednesday afternoon. I only wanted to say it’s a fucking great film!
I wasn't expecting War & Peace in response to a shit woke joke but cheers for the clarification...

McDonagh wasn’t particularly an established name when that was made
Aside from being one of the most celebrated and well respected modern playwrights on Broadway and the West End, of course?

Aside from being one of the most celebrated and well respected modern playwrights on Broadway and the West End, of course?
Loved his previous stuff, but felt the banshees of inisherin was a little too bleak to be going on with. Both Farrell and and Gleeson were both superb though.

Can concur - what an absolutely stunning place Bruges is. A mix of Venice, Amsterdam and Vienna. A shout out to the Eurostar too, so much easier than pissing about at the airport.

In the Vlissinghe which it appears some of you might know. Had a lovely Zot, now daring to try a house Vlissinghe and a Westmalle Tripel.

Absolutely wonderful stuff.

IMG_8107.jpeg

Last edited:
How pricey is the food and booze once you get there?

It used to be on a par with over here when we used to work in Blankenberge, albeit that was twenty years ago. I can't remember how expensive Brussels was.

@EpsomWolf if you get the chance and you see it on any menu you really need to try the Stoofvlees, amazing stuff.

About 5 euros for a 33cl, which to be fair is about 8.5% and you drink with respect - very slowly, so I guess in real terms about the same as at home.

Anyway, up at 5 and getting a bit pussed now so clocking out for the evening.

One last thing tho, get yourselves to Bruge guys

Friday looks like a mad session to be fair.

Capture.JPG

Back