• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

In the wrong part of town and the wrong kind of building really.

Atrocious service as well.

Only good thing about it was Little Bao Boy and even then you've got Tiger Bites Pig in town doing bao buns better, cheaper and in a better location.

Yeah that site was never going to work unfortunately, poor decision.

Is it too soon to ask them if they need an expert property acquisition manager? 😅

I don't think there's any appetite for a craft beer bar like that in Birmingham atm. Kilder, Tilt, The Wolf, Burning Soul... They're always empty.

Of the other newish places Colmore seems to be doing well & Brewdog is relatively busy but that's it really.

Sommar was busy last time I went in (a while ago now, though tbf)

I don't think there's any appetite for a craft beer bar like that in Birmingham atm. Kilder, Tilt, The Wolf, Burning Soul... They're always empty.

Of the other newish places Colmore seems to be doing well & Brewdog is relatively busy but that's it really.
Tilt used to be busy when Rich was co-owner before COVID, I’ve only been in twice since and it was really quiet. Shame really as the beer selection is always banging.

The Colmore is a completely different type of place altogether and aimed at a totally different clientele just through the decor alone. Helen loves it in there, all low lighting and cosy and stuff. And Brewdog is Brewdog, people would still go in if every single beer was wank.

A few months back Joule's purchased the Stags Head which is right next door to their Red Lion pub here in MD and have now announced their plans for it.

£1m investment where they will use some of the land to increase the size of the Brewery, a refurb and improvement of the bar area and kitchens in the Red Lion and turning the Stags Head next door in to their events area and community hub.
Plans to be released in the coming months but the changes will also equal more jobs

It's been pretty shitty In MD recently so this is a nice bit of news.

Just saw this thread. Anyone tried Belgian beers already? If any of you ever makes it across the canal and into the magnificent (what is this cough that I just got??) land of Belgium, drop me a message or get my number from a bunch of other forum people and text me. I'll show you around for some nice beers :) and I don't even drink 😂

Just saw this thread. Anyone tried Belgian beers already? If any of you ever makes it across the canal and into the magnificent (what is this cough that I just got??) land of Belgium, drop me a message or get my number from a bunch of other forum people and text me. I'll show you around for some nice beers :) and I don't even drink 😂
Thanks.

I adore Lambics and Guezes. Did the Halve Maan tour and drank in Brugge in the late 90s after having sampled Belgian beer for the first time in and around Mons in 1984.

Spent a fair bit of time in Blankenberg and Brussels when I worked at the old place so did try quite a few Belgian beers back then, very good they were. I dare say there’s much more choice these days.

Yesterday was a win though, walked into Wishful Drinking and they had Puttty on keg, had a few 2/3 of it and it was amazing. I couldn’t actually believe they’d sell it in pints.

I love the really boozy dark Belgian beers. Straffe Hendrick Quadrupel is the best I've tried so far I think.

Just having a pint of Northern Monk Eternal on cask. Still a lovely beer.

Had a bottle of Bush Caractere with my Sunday dinner (and beyond), very nice but you can definitely feel every inch of the 12% which isn't always the case with a Belgian strong ale.

Thanks.

I adore Lambics and Guezes. Did the Halve Maan tour and drank in Brugge in the late 90s after having sampled Belgian beer for the first time in and around Mons in 1984.
At first I read that as "I adore Guedes" and was very confused.

Haven't heard of that tour! But Brugge is a great place to drink, indeed. They have a couple of beer that you can only get from there, including De Garre which supposedly is a fantastic beer.

De Garre is probably my favourite, was there for four nights last September and in there for at least one every day.

Back