• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Which bit of the city you going to?

Attic have got a new bar by Snow Hill with The Wolf just round the corner.
Jewellery Quarter has got 1000 Trades but not much else nearby.
City centre has got The Colmore, Purity and Sommar all in and around Victoria Square. Wellington, Old Joint Stock and Head of Steam nearer to the cathedral.
Digbeth, I'm not sure. Halton-Turner Brewery has a good tap room but I'm not sure what else is going on there at the moment.

Probably missed a few too.

Just had two cracking nights at the weekend, one in St. Paul’s House on St. Paul’s Square, Jewellery Quarter, then The Rolling Mill a short walk away. Both new places, converted factories, all trendy exposed brick etc.

Lovely food in the RM, didn’t eat in the other place but looked very nice for sure. Lovely ambience in both, St. Paul’s House livelier and probably better for a good laugh and a few beers.

Well worth a look if you find yourselves in the direction.

Edit: two or three excellent ales on offer in SPH too.

Last edited:
Aah never knew. I never went but a mate of mine got taken there for his 50th and it looked decent.
Just checked and it was Jan this year they closed. They'd just opened a bottle shop/bar in the arcade next to New Street too. Shame as their beers were great.

How was the Plum one? Got a bottle in but not had it yet.
Working my way through the Cherry one today which is very very good. Had the Plum one last year and it was equally as good.

Saving the Plum one to celebrate/drown sorrows as applicable tomorrow.

Working my way through the Cherry one today which is very very good. Had the Plum one last year and it was equally as good.

Saving the Plum one to celebrate/drown sorrows as applicable tomorrow.
Ah ok, looks like it had been opened in that photo 😂

Cracked open a can of Jaipur. Not had one for ages, I reckon if I could only ever have one beer it would be this.

Back