• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Carlsberg now have a 20% stake in Mikeller too.
We have some exciting news to share! We are partnering up with Carlsberg to strengthen our distribution in Denmark.

Today we announce our new partnership with Carlsberg, which grants them the right to sell Mikkeller beer in Denmark. This provides access to Carlsberg’s extensive distribution network, making it possible to distribute Mikkeller beers to bars, cafes, and restaurants across the country. With the partnership Carlsberg acquires a minority stake in the company while founder and CEO Mikkel Bjergsø will maintain the controlling interest in Mikkeller and continue in his role of CEO.

Read more about the partnership at our website: https://www.mikkeller.com/news/mikk...-strengthen-mikkellers-sales-and-distribution

They haven't long opened a taproom in Manchester either, I do like a fair few of their beers so would be a big shame if they went out of business.
One in Snow Hill opened fairly recently too

That place is awful though, never anyone in there.
Only went once and I accidentally crashed the industry soft launch, which was pretty busy as you'd imagine 😂

Always thought it was in a slightly odd place.

Verdant's Putty (2024) £9.00 for 440ml can...
They have it on at Wishful Drinking today but I won’t get to Ricky until 9 so doubt I’ll be trying it. And probably wouldn’t at that price anyway.

Kirkstall Brewery’s Founder Steve Holt has purchased North Brewing Co, which will continue to operate as an independent brewery, run by the existing management team.

The move will ensure North’s future, including its Springwell Brewery and Taproom, as well as the North Taproom sites in Leeds and Manchester. The transaction does not include the North Taproom in Birmingham, which will now close.

The founders of North, John Gyngell and Christian Townley, have known and worked closely with Holt since the earliest days of the North brand, since the opening of North Bar in 1997. As their respective businesses have expanded, the Leeds beer scene has grown with them.

Steve Holt of Kirkstall Brewery said ‘We’ve been friends and industry colleagues for almost 30 years. North is an iconic beer brand that had to continue. Together, we’ll make sure that North will continue to make some of the best beer in the country.’

The purchase of the North will see Gyngell and Townley remain at the helm of the business, and secures the jobs of 78 North employees.

The North tap in Birmingham was crap anyway.

Back