• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham 0 Wolves 1 - Verdict Thread

I must have missed what N'Diaye did to deserve a red. I saw him square up to some City player after Jota got taken down by the neck, and give little shove to one, but did something else happen?

Motioned to headbut one guy, but stopped just short and then gave Gleeson a push in the face. Probably should have gone.

Motioned to headbut one guy, but stopped just short and then gave Gleeson a push in the face. Probably should have gone.
Ah, missed the contact to the face.

Although given the state of Jota's eye yesterday I do understand Alfred's frustration...

No excuse for Alf, he was a fucking idiot.

The damage to Jota's face was caused by an accidental flailing arm. Jutkiewicz is a camel but he was one of the few Blues players not aiming to hoof him. Just tried to get his body in the way as soft foreigner who can't play in the cold Diogo made a challenge on the edge of our own box and caught him.

For anyone keen to relive the games "highlights",,,

Just for Steve Saundersill:

DQOkaFqXUAIXCSP.jpg

The linesman is bang in line and it's a fair way over the line. Pretty sure you wouldn't have got away with it, even if we are to accept your lunatic argument about goalline technology and a hypothetical world where it had never been invented.

Oh and the Ref didn't give him a red card, he gave him a second yellow card and therefor the red you bell end

Just for Steve Saundersill:

DQOkaFqXUAIXCSP.jpg

The linesman is bang in line and it's a fair way over the line. Pretty sure you wouldn't have got away with it, even if we are to accept your lunatic argument about goalline technology and a hypothetical world where it had never been invented.

This points out clearly what I said earlier about the assistant...He was well in line and gave the referee the nod before he'd signalled the goal. Excellent positioning by him

No excuse for Alf, he was a $#@!ing idiot.

The damage to Jota's face was caused by an accidental flailing arm. Jutkiewicz is a camel but he was one of the few Blues players not aiming to hoof him. Just tried to get his body in the way as soft foreigner who can't play in the cold Diogo made a challenge on the edge of our own box and caught him.
Not excusing it, to be clear.

Nuno is right not to moan about the ref post match it helps nothing.

In a fair world we end with 10 they end with 9, hardly makes much difference.

Cotterill sounds like someone who needs to update his CV (and perhaps remove the courses he took from Saunders)

Nuno is right not to moan about the ref post match it helps nothing.

In a fair world we end with 10 they end with 9, hardly makes much difference.

Cotterill sounds like someone who needs to update his CV (and perhaps remove the courses he took from Saunders)

The only problem with that is that Steve Cotterill is too stupid to spell CV, let alone update it.

So Alf gets sent off, fine. We're down to ten for, what, ten minutes? As opposed to Birmingham who should have played with ten starting in the fourth minute.

First time I've felt sorry for Jota, coming back on with the mark under his eye. Always full of fight but for a split second he looked a bit upset!

For the game I thought we had control most of the game really..Jota and Boly where our best players for me. Sloppy second half with some errors..unnecessary from Alf to do that. Dean, Gleeson and Roberts can just fuck off for me..

Had a think about the game some more and here are my thoughts.

First challenge by Roberts is terrible, clear yellow. Second could have easily been a straight red so they should have been 1-0 down and down to 10 within 10 minutes. Clearly targeted Jota but as usual it's a side that lacks the footballing ability to contain him. Couldn't really tell with Jutkiewicz, didn't seem intentional. First half was good, Stockdale made some decent saves. So odd that he decided to sign for them. Last season's goalkeeper of the year has gone from potentially playing for Brighton in the Prem to League One with Blues.

Second half was much poorer and it was our own doing. Just sloppiness, poor ball retention and some bad finishing. Thankfully Blues are shite and were never capable of threatening us. Ruddy did well with claiming crosses as always but otherwise nothing to do. N'Diaye was an idiot and I thought he should have gone, not that they would be good enough to take advantage of it. Thought he played poorly overall. Dean was also an idiot and deserved his red. They've had a man sent off the last three times we've played them! Back three were very good, but Bennett still does the unnecessary hoof now and then. Boly is ridiculously casual and such a calming influence at the back. MOTM.

Birmingham fans seem to expect that Cotterill will be sacked soon and can see why. Man's an idiot. But then everyone knew that before getting him and yet they still praised the decision to hire him.:icon_lol:

Another point about Blues - Jutkiewicz and Ndoye are absolutely horrendous 'footballers'.

Another point about Blues - Jutkiewicz and Ndoye are absolutely horrendous 'footballers'.

Although he wasn't great for those arsehats in small heath I thought Boga had lots of talent and just needs proper coaching to get the best out of him. Decent technically and very fast. Under the right coach he could be very good. Cotterill being the shit eating yokel that he is isn't that man.

Although he wasn't great for those arsehats in small heath I thought Boga had lots of talent and just needs proper coaching to get the best out of him. Decent technically and very fast. Under the right coach he could be very good. Cotterill being the shit eating yokel that he is isn't that man.

Same with Jota. Not last night, obviously - but the two Jotas were the best players on the pitch at Brentford in August. There IS some talent in their squad, but I guess it'll take more than a shit-spouting fucktard to get the best out of them.

Back