• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham 0 Wolves 1 - Verdict Thread

He's still going, the thick bastard.

“I think belief was the only thing missing from us getting a result the other night. I know we made a mistake but if we’d had a bit more belief maybe they might have made a mistake as well.

Not the massive, massive gulf in quality then? Right you are, Steve.

“When I see the other night where apparently we have not had a shot on target - we have, we have had four shots on target. What it doesn’t say is we have had four shots on target but they have all been blocked.

Probably because that isn't how the stat works. Just sayin'.

“What would be nice to happen is for one of them blocks not to be a really good block.

"And we make enough blocks as well. I would like one of their blocks to be mistimed and hit one of them on the shin and deflect in the other corner.

One of the great gameplans! Hope a poxy unthreatening shot loops in off someone and gives the keeper no chance. I can't see how you can fail.

If Saunders was a 0/10 for management and a 0/10 for conducting interviews then Cotterill is only a 1/10 on both scores. Imbecilic drivel.

Goodness me. From the Saunders textbook.

Anytime a manager starts going on about "belief" and "confidence" I immediately turn off.

Maybe if you were worth believing in it wouldn't be a problem, eh, Cotterril?

The simple fact is the result is in the books you fucking bumpkin. As is your side's fucking abysmal shot stat. You lost. To our team in first gear. And you were damn lucky to get away without annihilation.

God I hope that cunt takes them down.

I fucking love him...

...being manager of that useless shower of shit!

One of my Blues mates who I met for beers before the game:

"He's mental. Probably worse than Lee Clark."

Fuck me, it's like he's playing a comedy stereotype of a Wurzel from some atv 1970's show.

He's a shit Ian Holloway.

It's good we've had both Birmingham managers rattling on about us for days after the result :)

The only difference is Saunders has a nasty line in cuntish jokes about dead alcoholics.

In terms of football management ability they are the same.

I would say Cotterill is a better manager. Not by that much, but by enough. He's actually kept teams up in a relegation fight for a start, the Dunce has a 100% failure record. Please don't ever underestimate how bad Saunders is as a manager, his football and results were actually worse than listening to his inane patter.

He's the Grant Holt to Deano's Jake Cassidy.

So the bumpkin is the tallest in a particularly height challenged dwarf competition

I would say Cotterill is a better manager. Not by that much, but by enough. He's actually kept teams up in a relegation fight for a start,

Did a superb job at Cheltenham then did not a lot until he got Brizzle back up in some style as well. Seems to fall to pieces at this level though

Did a superb job at Cheltenham then did not a lot until he got Brizzle back up in some style as well. Seems to fall to pieces at this level though

Cotterill could just be one of those managers whose level is League One. It is not his fault he was appointed as manager of Birmingham City, he applied for the job and got it. So there must have been something in the interview process that impressed his prospective employers.

Cotterill could just be one of those managers whose level is League One. It is not his fault he was appointed as manager of Birmingham City, he applied for the job and got it. So there must have been something in the interview process that impressed his prospective employers.
He convinced them and weirdly some of their fans that he was responsible for the very short term end of season turnaround under Redknapp, when really the players were just delighted to get rid of Zola.

Burnley fans quite like him. The football was not very good but on essentially no money at all he had them fairly stable in this division.

I guarantee you that if Saunders had this squad right now we'd be about 10th-12th. Would 100% have relegated us last season. Debatable whether he'd win the league with Celtic.

I'd put Cotterill above Saunders, Ince, Clark, Coyle and other such total jokers. His best isn't very good and he's going backwards as it seems he's unable to cope with football changing (how many stock 4-4-2, hit it into the channels Championship outfits do you see these days...not many), and he is very definitely an absolute moron. But that bottom tier is reserved for your absolute charlatans who have no business whatsoever managing at any level.

What is the perennial short wearer Coyle doing now? Last I remember was trying to fuck up an MLS team I think?

He's been shit at Blackburn since then and now Ross County have the pleasure

And to think shite like Cotteril are preventing quality coaches and managers getting jobs.

Somehow Cotteril got results against Cardiff & Sheffield Utd. I can kind of see how based on the 2nd half but some off the tripe he's coming out with is just bonkers.

For what they've spent they shouldn't be where they are. Roberts was £4m and Jota £6m plus whatever Gallagher cost to get on loan. Their net spend can't be far behind us?

Back