• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham 0 Wolves 1 - Verdict Thread

Whining about Goodman and Murray covering the game was amusing.

Makes up for years of having to listen to pricks like Birtles and Francis.

I was at work for the first half last night so listened on Talksport2... Their commentary team was a Blues fan (the main commentator), former Birmingham ladies player and Blues fan Karen Carney and some bloke who kept winding them up by saying "I'm neutral and Wolves are really good!"
The grudging compliments wrapped up in completely biased commentary was amusing and annoying in equal measure

On the goal and "goal line technology", I think the goal would have been given without it's use. The referees assistant is perfectly positioned and, if you watch him, he gives a nod to the referee. With the system in use there was no need for him to wave his flag and run towards the halfway line it is all done via the mic and the watch so Cotterill wouldn't have got his wish

I really wasn't worried at all - Blues hadn't got a clue how to get through us. They never got close to scoring, and even if they had, I'd fancy us to roll our sleeves up and respond at the other end as we've seen several times against much better opposition. So although we didn't play well, I didn't really understand the level of negativity on the matchday thread. I don't think Boly lost a single header so even crosses into the box didn't bother me - the crosses that weren't cleared were well claimed by Ruddy.

Blues are a very poor side with a clueless buffoon in charge who hasn't got a clue how to use the players at his disposal. The dreadful 'atmosphere' for a derby game tells you all you need to know about the current feeling around St Andrews. I'd be surprised if we're not 2 divisions apart in August.

DQRi9-rXkAEay7_.png

:surrender:

I really wasn't worried at all - Blues hadn't got a clue how to get through us. They never got close to scoring, and even if they had, I'd fancy us to roll our sleeves up and respond at the other end as we've seen several times against much better opposition. So although we didn't play well, I didn't really understand the level of negativity on the matchday thread. I don't think Boly lost a single header so even crosses into the box didn't bother me - the crosses that weren't cleared were well claimed by Ruddy.

Blues are a very poor side with a clueless buffoon in charge who hasn't got a clue how to use the players at his disposal. The dreadful 'atmosphere' for a derby game tells you all you need to know about the current feeling around St Andrews. I'd be surprised if we're not 2 divisions apart in August.

You've saved me typing out my thoughts, thanks. Just because we weren't in control of the midfield in the second half doesn't mean we were under any serious threat.

It does show that N'Diaye's best role is as a sub when we need to switch up a game, though. Comparing him to Edwards is maybe harsh, but he does have the same issue in that he lacks positional discipline, and our formation can't work like clockwork if one of the cogs is half a pitch out of position all the time.

Cotterill is becoming as bad as Saunders!

I would like to ask the referee why he only gave Roberts a yellow instead of a red card. On commentary Don Goodman said it was a shocker.
The intent was there to do some serious damage to Jota I was fuming when he only got a yellow.

I would like to ask the referee why he only gave Roberts a yellow instead of a red card. On commentary Don Goodman said it was a shocker.
The intent was there to do some serious damage to Jota I was fuming when he only got a yellow.

Yeah, it was the same as Wheater's last week. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever, clearly trying to take out Jota, dangerous, late, from behind, right in front of the linesman as well as the 4th official and only gets a yellow. I thought Roberts' challenge was worse than Wheater's as well. He should have been booked before that challenge but even without that, he should have walked. Dirty bastard.

I have given my opinion in the referee question thread. And yes it was a clear red card offence, as was N'Diayes.

The lad the eventually got sent off committed his third yellow card offence in ten minutes when he hauled Jota to the ground. They really were dirty bastards.

I was a bit disappointed tbh, we didn't keep the ball anywhere near well enough in that second half, and Costa wants a shoeing for trying to be clever at that stage of the game

N'Diaye should have gone purely for raising his hands !

The lad the eventually got sent off committed his third yellow card offence in ten minutes when he hauled Jota to the ground. They really were dirty bastards.

I was a bit disappointed tbh, we didn't keep the ball anywhere near well enough in that second half, and Costa wants a shoeing for trying to be clever at that stage of the game

I was thinking similarly, it was as though Dean wanted to get sent off, and eventually got his wish. Maybe he had a table booked at a restaurant..In fact if you count his tackle on Jota earlier, he probably committed four yellow card offences.

The worst thing about his tackle was that he didn't even bother looking at the ball. Just had eyes for Jota and went steaming in to him.

Yeah, it was the same as Wheater's last week. No attempt to play the ball whatsoever, clearly trying to take out Jota, dangerous, late, from behind, right in front of the linesman as well as the 4th official and only gets a yellow. I thought Roberts' challenge was worse than Wheater's as well. He should have been booked before that challenge but even without that, he should have walked. Dirty bastard.

If you look at Robert's face just after he hit Jota his expression isn't 'aah, I mistimed that, sorry', it's 'have some of that, son!'
Sheer intent, sheer malice.
Should have been red without doubt.

It was Jota's birthday too ffs!

He certainly got smashed!

I must have missed what N'Diaye did to deserve a red. I saw him square up to some City player after Jota got taken down by the neck, and give little shove to one, but did something else happen?

Back