• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham 0 Wolves 1 - Verdict Thread

We weren't great but Birmingham were absolutely atrocious. Completely out of their depth from top to bottom.

Nuno will have some good stuff to teach Saiss and N'Diaye about playing with each other as they clearly aren't as well oiled as Romain + Ruben, but overall we did enough, which, thanks to Birmingham's almost unbelievable ineptitude, ended up needing to be very little.

Said it on the match thread but watch Bonatini's movement for Jotas miss in the 1st half,Cavs miss in the 1st half and again Jotas side netting miss in the 2nd half.
The fella makes some great runs and could have easily had an hat trick tonight if they had passed to him....love watching him.
10 points clear of 3rd.....BLOODY HELL...Dreamland really.

Very disappointed in Costa's performance. A couple of good runs but his passing/finishing was terrible.

It seemed like after he missed the chance his head went a bit and he started overcompensating. His confidence seems like it is still pretty fragile unfortunately...at this rate it may take a while for him to just relax and not overthink things.

Saying we missed Neves is like saying I'd miss having a 12 inch cock. Well yeah, obviously!

That game would have been much more comfortable if we'd have put one of those second half chances away. That would have killed them off easily. Instead it put pressure on ourselves and offered them renewed hope. We still restricted them to nothing though and we battled to see the game out.

Very disappointed in Costa's performance. A couple of good runs but his passing/finishing was terrible.

Jota MOTM just ahead of Boly for me.

I'm sure Ann Summers would send you a replacement. Might have to buy your own batteries though.

Quite simple for me; poor performance, could have been 3 up at half time despite not playing that well, really poor second half yet still untroubled and ultimately a game lacking in both quality and atmosphere (that's not to say we are not capable of producing quality). The opening 20 minutes looked like a pre-season friendly against a conference team.

That was our sixth win in a row.

P20 - W15 - D2 - L3 - F41 - A17 - 47 Points

2.35pts per game so far extrapolates to 108pts, if we don't get any better.

Cotterill is another village idiot in the mould of Saunders and Holloway who spouts inane drivel at the best of times. The sort of imbecile who is being left behind by the new breed of super coach (like Nuno). What a load of horseshit that quite of his is

Cotterill is another village idiot in the mould of Saunders and Holloway who spouts inane drivel at the best of times. The sort of imbecile who is being left behind by the new breed of super coach (like Nuno). What a load of horse$#@! that quite of his is

I doubt he'll last the season.

bluer than blues
I'm not even going to get disheartened. They've spent £16m on one player. That is ridiculous. We can't expect to compete. Wolves should be dominating this league.

He's not even playing. The truth is that there's more to it than that. If you saw the documentary on Sky that followed them around during training and during games, the whole club has been rebuilt and tweaked with the intention of becoming winners. It's about the youth teams, the training regime, the club ethos, spirit and belief and all of that stuff. Our owners should watch that documentary and see if there's anything they can learn from what they have done there. They might have spent big money but Neves was still a bargain at that price. I had doubts whether Portuguese players could handle the championship, but they have done it with aplomb, the b*st*rds.

from blues forum I never knew they had serious football fans

Champions are supposed to be able to win ugly, aren't they? That's what today was - and 10 points clear of 3rd and things are looking excellent so far!

Am I bad in saying I find reading the Small Heath Alliance forum in fighting bloody hilarious, on top of my extremely huge grin on my face which today is larger then my gut.. :)

Worked tonight so stayed away from notifications and watched it when i got in.

Excellent 35 minutes where we had Blues shell shocked and then took our foot off their throat. Don't think we were ever truly in danger because Birmingham were as dire as I've seen at this level. Even Bolton had chances of their own making last week.

Didn't play great, didn't need to. We move on.

Nuno will bollock Jota and Helder up the arses for trying to be too clever with there chances. You'll see next time Jota and Helder have chances like that, it'll be first time no messing bang.. Love Nuno, takes fuck all for granted and works these fuckers to the last breath..

Oh and another from Coterill if they’d have scored first he believes they’d have beaten us.
Firstly you didn’t, secondly it’s hypothetical bullshit and thirdly you need to physically have a shot at goal to score.
In all 3 games we’ve lost we could use the what if scenario.
Should be more worried about how ineffective his side is.

Coming soon: Cotterill believes Birmingham would be top of the table too if they had won as many games as Wolves

Coming soon: Cotterill believes Birmingham would be top of the table too if they had won as many games as Wolves

You could have a whole series of memes here easily enough:

Cotterill believes Birmingham would be a nice place if it wasn't such a dump.
Cotterill believes that he would win the Champions' League this year if only they'd have let Birmingham be in it

etc etc etc

Am I bad in saying I find reading the Small Heath Alliance forum in fighting bloody hilarious, on top of my extremely huge grin on my face which today is larger then my gut.. :)
Whining about Goodman and Murray covering the game was amusing.

Makes up for years of having to listen to pricks like Birtles and Francis.

A quote from the South Bank Resistance blog on last night's game.
Jota, what a marvel he is, what a nutter! If he walked into my front room now and did a shit on the rug I would just pick it up and get him to sign it.

Back