• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro 2 v Wolves 1 - verdict thred

This evenings highlight was meeting up with Jabba, Darlo, Lycan et al. End.

Still think we have more than enough to cause them problems and we're a better side that was beaten by them in November.
MM priority Saturday will be do not lose.

We were dreadful in the first half. The first goal was childish in the defending, everyone running after the ball and not thinking about defending properly.

We were ok in the second half but only created 2 real chances.

Wrong choice of team, wrong tactics and sloppy defending. Reckon we will be playing championship football next season - we've bottled it now imo

I think thats the main issue, got within sniffing distance and shat it.

MM priority Saturday will be do not lose.

I agree, but hardly one of his managerial strengths. How many times did he set us up to not lose and achieve it?

We are in shit or bust territory, so our best 11 and go for it. I would have gone with the same team as Saturday, I can see why he made the Edwards and Dicko change and once he has why he did the Van La Parra and Henry one, to put more pace back into the team after removing it. I said on the verdict thread from Saturday that Golbourne was shocking, but the first bad game I'd seem him have and he should stay in the side. The only rationale for playing Hause ahead of him would be if they were a big physical team and we needed the extra height from set pieces, they aren't and without seeing the game seems a bad call.

We need 3 wins and cross our fingers, Brentford look like they should get 9 points, but their recent form says they won't and if they lose to us I don't think Ipswich will beat both Forest and Blackburn. We need to make that if a when though

I think thats the main issue, got within sniffing distance and shat it.

and if we're honest it's a theme of this season!

I doubt a MM team will bottle it next weekend, he will go for the throat, turn Molineux and wipe out a (outside) threat for the playoffs

Awful team to put out tonight, we all knew it was wrong, the worst being leaving the best left back in the league on the bench for a fucking centre half. Ken, I love you but for fucking fuck's sake. That is ridiculous.

Win the last three and we'll still make it. Come on.

To many ifs now for me, even if we win Saturday it's still out of our hands unless we overhaul the goal difference.

This evenings highlight was meeting up with Jabba, Darlo, Lycan et al. End.

Yes, was good to meet up.

As for the game, too many players were 5/10 - Stearman had one of those games, Hause was like a rabbit in headlights, our central midfield looked sluggish and predictable against their fluidity - it's been said already but KJ leaving Golbourne out played a significant role in our terrible start.

Even if we had drawn Saturday and last night we'd have still been in must win territory Saturday.

Why do we think he left Gol out for Hause, I can only imagine that there was some kind of perceived threat that Hause was better at. Either against their wide man, set plays, or potentially attacking set plays?

I don't think we'll bounce back to win all three games (which we'll need to do) having lost two big games on the bounce. We've got a close knit, mentally strong group of players - or it certainly looks like we do; but I think we've left ourselves with too much to do and our goal difference now goes against us when it's likely IF we do scrape in, it will be level on points with someone else.

Close, but no cigar, IMO. Would be delighted to be proven wrong.

After bigging up SG in the E & S Kenny drops him to the bench. Can't understand that to be honest.
I thought we might have nicked a draw, so it's all down to Saturday. The defence seems so vulnerable lately and Ipswich won't be pushovers. I hope we can win, but my prediction is a draw, hope I'm proved wrong.

mentally strong group of players.

Dont agree unfortunately.

Im with Aiki on this one, playing a Mick McCarthy team next is the last thing we need.

Yeah, McCarthy will probably show us how either getting a 0-0 or a set piece 1-0 away win is done i fear.

Pfft! Bunch of pessimists.
[frank mode on] beat ipswich 4-0 sat & we overhaul them & their goal difference [frank mode off]

One thing I have to say about last night was that the fans were outstanding yet again but at the final whistle we were barely aknowledged by the Wolves players. Dicko, Sako, Golbourne, Ikeme and Edwards the only players who even looked at us. McDonald in particular just strolled off the soft bastard. I know it doesnt matter that much to some people but their lack of respect for fans who made a hell of a journey on a Tuesday night and backed them all game when it wouldve been easy to give up really got on my nerves.

Comedy moment of the night was Wolves fans breaking out the James Henry chant when Jacobs came on. They all look the same...

To be fair, even going back a few weeks, a lot of us were thinking we'd need to be snagging 9 points from the final 3 games, so not much has changed.

Win all 3 and we're in with a shot. If we fall short, then so be it. Even sans Sako, we'll arguably be stronger next season as the youngish side benefits from the experience gained this time, plus the potential for a full season of the Dicko Afobe combo.

Comedy moment of the night was Wolves fans breaking out the James Henry chant when Jacobs came on. They all look the same...

I used to get them mixed up last season when they were both new before I got used to them a bit more!

How did Jacobs do in his cameo, by the way?

He was ok. Blazed over from 25+ yards when we couldve built a decent attack but was quiet apart from that.

He was ok. Blazed over from 25+ yards when we couldve built a decent attack but was quiet apart from that.

Nevin (on 5 live) said Jacobs put in a "lovererley cross" as soon as he came on but no one went for it.
Noticed the german clubs always go to their fans at the end of matches...fucking criminal not to acknowledge them
i think.

Back