• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro 2 v Wolves 1 - verdict thred

Nevin (on 5 live) said Jacobs put in a "lovererley cross" as soon as he came on but no one went for it.
Noticed the german clubs always go to their fans at the end of matches...fucking criminal not to acknowledge them
i think.

Yes I heard that too, but in truth the FiveLive commentary was piss poor as they spent the majority of the game either at other grounds or reeling off all of the scores from elsewhere. It took me until nearly half time to work out who was in the Wolves starting XI as very few times players names were mentioned, although I did only start listening just as the first goal went in so they may well have given the line ups before that.

Yeah, McCarthy will probably show us how either getting a 0-0 or a set piece 1-0 away win is done i fear.

Hope you are completely wrong but wouldnt bet against your prediction with Berra getting the goal from a corner!

Nevin (on 5 live) said Jacobs put in a "lovererley cross" as soon as he came on but no one went for it.
Noticed the german clubs always go to their fans at the end of matches...$#@!ing criminal not to acknowledge them
i think.

Yes, he got wide and fired the ball across, about the 6 yard line. Dicko was the only forward in the area and had made an arching run at the back post...the ball was cut out in the center of the area and had no chance reaching him. It would of been a wonderful cross if we had more men in the box...

By that point Iorfa was playing almost as an auxilary winger and Jacobs spent most of his time inside him.

By that point Iorfa was playing almost as an auxilary winger and Jacobs spent most of his time inside him.

So almost a 4-2-2-2 with Jacobs narrow and Sako wide? Hause narrow and Iorfa wide? That sounds..............balanced

Still being wasted out wide then. $#@! management is that.

He was our best "Number 10" last season but has been mostly restricted to playing on the left when he has had any chance this season and came on right wing last night. Plays for Blackpool on loan, gets into the Number 10 role for them, scores, comes home and pissed off onto the wing...Baffling

Hause was off before Jacobs came on

I forgot that, so was Golbourne narrow or pushed wide? As you say Darlo it seems baffling, I wonder if the end of the season is getting to KJ a bit as he's never really been in this situation before at this level (Millwall flirted for a while I think)

I haven't seen him play Number 10 for us all season although I think he may have had a spell there away at Ipswich and/or Blackpool. I would have kept him at Blackpool for another week, he may have been the difference in them getting a point at Ipswich on Saturday.

I forgot that, so was Golbourne narrow or pushed wide? As you say Darlo it seems baffling, I wonder if the end of the season is getting to KJ a bit as he's never really been in this situation before at this level (Millwall flirted for a while I think)

Golbourne played wide, mostly. Him and Sako linked pretty well down the left and had the beating of the Boro full back for a good spell in the 2nd half

Golbourne played wide, mostly. Him and Sako linked pretty well down the left and had the beating of the Boro full back for a good spell in the 2nd half

It will be a shame not seeing those two play together next season. The new boy has a lot to live up to in that position, I'd like it to be Jordan Graham but I think I'm hoping for a lot there!!

It will be a shame not seeing those two play together next season. The new boy has a lot to live up to in that position, I'd like it to be Jordan Graham but I think I'm hoping for a lot there!!

Why do you feel there is a need to play with wingers, looking at our squad we could copy the system Crystal Palace use at times. Hit the big man who drops off the front line or moves to a wider position to feed a ball into the likes of Yannick Bolasie.
Couldn't we use Dicko in those same positions as Bolasie a striker who often uses wide starting positions.

Why do you feel there is a need to play with wingers, looking at our squad we could copy the system Crystal Palace use at times. Hit the big man who drops off the front line or moves to a wider position to feed a ball into the likes of Yannick Bolasie.
Couldn't we use Dicko in those same positions as Bolasie a striker who often uses wide starting positions.

Just like we tried with Clarke, Sagbo, Graham....?

Could next year finally be the year for Zele???

Because I think the long ball game is awful to watch and would eventually kill any passion I have of going to the football. It is predictable, boring and tedious to watch.

Just like we tried with Clarke, Sagbo, Graham....?

I was looking at how Crystal Palace often bypass central midfield and knock it long into Glenn Murray or how Man Utd use the longer ball into Fellaini.
Then have fast players moving onto the second ball.
You can have a target man that roams rather than stand up top alongside a centre back. Surely Wolves need to create variation going forward rather than continuously playing short through Price and McDonald.

Back