• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro 2 v Wolves 1 - verdict thred

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
A disappointment, but not a terminal one.

Sat somewhat important to take the 3 points now

Decent second half, but you cannot concede 2 in the first 12 mins & expect an easy comeback in this division

Win on Saturday and all to play for. The first 10 minutes or so cost us dear, but we move on.

not ready for the Prem, look at GD compared to other teams in the mix..we have something going though..im very afraid of losing Sako, Dicko and Afobe though

Anyone know who Ipswich have in there final two games? I'm confident we will win the last three games but looking at goal difference we going to need Ipswich to drop points in final games. I thought team selection was strange tonight but in Kenny we trust, oh and VLP should have scored that chance to make it 2-2

I also don't think we are ready for the Prem yet, having said that, I want us to do well so therefore hope we scrape in

Anyone know who Ipswich have in there final two games? I'm confident we will win the last three games but looking at goal difference we going to need Ipswich to drop points in final games. I thought team selection was strange tonight but in Kenny we trust, oh and VLP should have scored that chance to make it 2-2

Forest and Blackburn.

In the Championship you cannot decide when it's right to go up, you just have to take the chance when it comes.

What you do when you get to the Premier is another discussion.

Are we ready for the next level - without doubt no, but then no side is at this point

Forest home blackburn away. We need to beat them by at least 2 and then look for good wins against Millwall and Wigan. Better second half today

I also don't think we are ready for the Prem yet, having said that, I want us to do well so therefore hope we scrape in

Yeah i hope we make it but i doubt it now

Problem is you'd expect Derby and Brentford to win the rest of their games, which would make our results academic.

But as we all know, football is anything but predictable

We were dreadful in the first half. The first goal was childish in the defending, everyone running after the ball and not thinking about defending properly.

We were ok in the second half but only created 2 real chances.

Wrong choice of team, wrong tactics and sloppy defending. Reckon we will be playing championship football next season - we've bottled it now imo

Problem is you'd expect Derby and Brentford to win the rest of their games, which would make our results academic.

But as we all know, football is anything but predictable

Derby have Huddersfield and Millwall away...wouldnt call that easy..but yes, expect Brentford to win their matches.
Up to us to do our bit, lose to Ipswich and thats it but spose weve still got something to play for.
On a side note is Clarke back with us or can he play against us v Wigan? havent seen his name on for Wigan for a few matches.

Derby have Huddersfield and Millwall away...wouldnt call that easy..but yes, expect Brentford to win their matches.
Up to us to do our bit, lose to Ipswich and thats it but spose weve still got something to play for.
On a side note is Clarke back with us or can he play against us v Wigan? havent seen his name on for Wigan for a few matches.

Whether Clarke can play for us v Wigan is academic - I cannot see any reason why we would want him to

Like I said. Too many kids and bottlers. Lucky not to lose by 3 or 4 but still frustrating that we didnt take our chances at 2-1.

Like I said. Too many kids and bottlers. Lucky not to lose by 3 or 4 but still frustrating that we didnt take our chances at 2-1.
At best that team has two 'kids' in it. A lack of quality perhaps, coupled with some poor decisions from the manager. To blame it on playing too many kids is absurd, especially when one of them is a monstrous prospect.

As many have said wrong team selection tonight especially pulling Goldbourne out.
The defending since Good Friday has been nowhere near good enough for us to sustain a top six position.
There's still hope for us but Saturday is last chance saloon.
Irony has it that it could be MM who finishes off.

MM will be relishing playing a Wolves team that is so easy to press and bully.

Back