• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) build up

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Ikeme

Iorfa Williamson Hause Saville

Saiss

Gibbs-White --------- Evans

Costa ------------Weimann------------Marshall​

Last edited:
Picking teams is irrelevant if Lambert is the manager. He couldn't organise a piss up in s brewery.

Ikeme
Iorfa Williamson Hause CBJ
Price saiss
Costa bright Cav or Marshall
Bod

But u know that Edwards Saville and Coady will be on there together with Batth and Doherty.

Will take a point now.

We still have to play 6 of the current top 10 or 5 of the top 8 if u take out Derby. Then we have three 6 pointers with forest Bristol and Blackburn. This is not going to be easy to get out of. Desperate need of a 4 or 5 game unbeaten run for confidence and to give us hope for a shocking run in.We need to be safe with three games to go.

Dumble bore and his sorting hat needs to get selection right from now

I'm thinking of going to this I must be clinically insane.
I'm working in Bristol in the morning and was thinking of getting a train in from the outskirts of London anyone get any advice on best place to get the train from?

Coming in from the west you could park up at Staines and get the train in from there.

---------------------Ikeme------------------

Iorfa--------Williamson-------Hause------Saville

------------Gibbs-White--------Saiss-----------------

--------Costa-------Marshall------Cavaleiro---

-------------------Weimann----------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Batth, Coady, Price, Enobakhare, Dicko, Bodvarsson

2016/17: W 3-1 (H)
2015/16: L 0-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)

The big "if" is whether Lambert is still with us by the next game. This is a stubborn man, incapable of taking a step back, looking at what happened and building on what he has seen. In a dream world, but sticking to his new formation, I'd hope we'd see the following:

IKEME

IORFA - - - WILLIAMSON - - - HAUSE

MARSHALL - - - SAISS - - - SAVILLE - - - CBJ

CAV - - - COSTA

WEIMANN

SUBS: BURGOYNE, STEARMAN, BATTH, MGW, GRAHAM, BRIGHT, DICKO​

BUT, as already noted, we'll see the likes of Docherty, Batth, Coady and Edwards all starting, with Price probably on the bench. The Flatter-To-Deceive brigade will continue to drag us down the relegation slope.

................ Ikeme

Iorfa - Willo - Hause - Doherty

............Price - Saiss

Costa - Cavaleiro - Marshall

..............Weimann

Ikeme

Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Saville

Price
Saiss

Costa
Cavaleiro
Marshall

Weimann

Ikeme

Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Saville

Coady
Saiss

Costa
Edwards
Marshall

Weimann

I think he'll go for this but play the same batshit mental 3 at the back approach

He's lost the plot, whatever team he puts out will be unbalanced in some way shape or form. My guess is he'll go for the same team as Ipswich with Williamson instead of Batth and try and get the same result.

I'm going to this and Fulham, can't wait. Just clinging onto the fact we generally look like we know what we're supposed to be doing away, even if it's not that effective.

................ Ikeme

Iorfa - Willo - Hause - Doherty

............Price - Saiss

Costa - Cavaleiro - Marshall

..............Weimann

This one for me..although don't think it really matters which of Price/Edwards/Saville/Coady play next to Saiss

He's lost the plot, whatever team he puts out will be unbalanced in some way shape or form. My guess is he'll go for the same team as Ipswich with Williamson instead of Batth and try and get the same result.

Lambert could go with more bizarre team selections and system changes. Something like Dominic Iorfa returning from the wilderness at right back with Conor Coady replacing Jack Price in midfield are plausible.

---------------------Ikeme

--------------Evans--------Saiss

--------Costa-------Marshall------Cavaleiro

--------------------Weimann

Not sure Weimann will work up top long run but he scored so he can stay there for now.

---------------------Ikeme

--------------Evans--------Saiss

--------Costa-------Marshall------Cavaleiro

--------------------Weimann

Not sure Weimann will work up top long run but he scored so he can stay there for now.

I would take that over Paul Lamberts selection without knowing his at the present time. More confidence in you.

Is anybody in the same thinking as me that Iorfa and Lambert have had words. Nobody in there right mind would think Doherty then Coady is a better option the Iorfa at right back. Got to be more then meets the eye on that one.

I think the same about CBJ. Even if he's been a dick in some way, think's he's bigger than Wolves, acting like a child, etc - could he not be managed to playing out the season well to better us and his own future?

I'm pretty sure he won't he isn't absolutely worse than Doherty > Saville...

Sav was fine on Saturday tbf. Offered nothing going forward but then I wouldn't expect him to be able to play in the way you would want a wingback to operate. Defensively his positioning was no problem at all, having an actual left footer there really does help us and when he had to put in tackles, chase back, not let his man breeze past him, fill in at the back stick then he did it.

As an orthodox LB I don't think he's the worst short-term sticking plaster option. Had enough of seeing a complete liability who is obviously on the wrong side there.

Back