• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) Build-Up 24/9/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Just a couple of changes for me.

----------------------Ikeme-----------------

Doherty------Iorfa-------Batth-----Borthwick-Jackson

---------------------Saiss---------------------

-------------Oniangue------Coady-----------------

-------Costa-------Bodvarsson------Cavaleiro---------

Subs: Lonergan, Silvio, Hause, Edwards, Teixeira, Mason, Dicko

2015/16: L 0-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)

Coady as a starter - you becoming a fan of his now Deutsch :icon_smile:

Coady as a starter - you becoming a fan of his now Deutsch :icon_smile:

I don't trust Edwards to have two good games in a row :icon_lol:

Coady was excellent against Burton and played well in the second half at Blues, so he's more or less matched last season inside a month and a bit. I'd normally go for Price but he looked well off the pace against Barnsley. Tex has had a couple of tries in central midfield and it's not really worked out yet.

Probably the team I'd go for as well.

I really thought Teix was the better of the two very early Fosun signings, but it looks like Costa has settled fantastically.

I'd be well happy with DW's team, although don't mind if Edwards starts....my first live game of the season and I can't wait, really looking forward to seeing Saiss and Bod but also our new fancy dan furrin attacking players...icing on the cake would be Dicko on the bench

For me:

Ikeme

Doherty/Silvio - Iorfa - Batth - Doherty/Silvio

Saiss - Coady

Costa - Oniangue - Teixeira

Bodvarsson​

CBJ sounds to have gone to sleep for both goals today, so I'll drop him to the bench for now. Likewise I'd not have a problem with John or Cavaleiro in place of Teixeira. Those boys have all the talent they need and more but we mustn't let the poor performances slide, especially with the size of our squad. They need to know that bad performances will be punished.

Last edited:
DW's team is the team that deserves to start after Saturday.

Agree with DW's team. Be great to get a second win on the trot - have we managed that yet this season in the league?

Not yet. We won in the league then cup against Blues/Cambridge.

Coady was shite tonight, Price looked much better when he came on

Coady was $#@!e tonight, Price looked much better when he came on

Bit of a daft question, but I've been in Oz for a few years, back in UK this weekend. Have tickets for Norwich game, but not Brentford. Is the Brentford game all ticket or can I pay at the door ? Thanks.

Your best bet is to get a ticket from the club shop on Dudley Street rather than at the ground. I will probably be doing that on Saturday morning if I can go to the game.

You can still get Brentford tickets online if you have a supporter number. I only bought mine yesterday.

Hopefully, we'll start to see a settled first 11 in League games now. I expect the same side as last week with the exception of Cavaleiro for Teixeira, although I wouldn't be surprised to see either Iorfa or CBJ rested and Stearman in. If we do go more settled now we are out of the cup I can see the likes of Wallace, Saville, Price, Gladon, Hause Evans (when fit) and Mason not even making the bench most weeks.

Nice fuck up on the Wolves programme cover this weekend. We're playing 'The Wasps' Brentford.

..14432966_10210101399993073_1562771081300352621_n.jpg

Honey Bee

honeybee2.jpg

Seems right to me...

Your wrong. Bees are always depicted like so....

pest-control-bees.jpg

Back